24" Tgs Bike?

Mark W

I wouldn't necessarily focus on the geo too much simply because no-one really knows what's 'right' for this kind of bike as they've not really been done before. It rides differently to every other bike I've tried, but in a pretty good way.

Yeah I understand theres been no 'trialsy' 24" yet, so nobody knows the perfect geo as of yet.

I'm paying attension to the geo as I whacked this spare Echo Pure 04 frame of mine on my 24" set-up (literally just did a frame swap for the fun of it.. and had to make some extra long vee daptors for the rear barke to work) last week to see what it rode like, and it feels no different to me than 26" wheels..

So I figured these frames would follow the same principles as stock frames, and the popular geo of 1080, 380, 72, +40 would of been best?? Whats the advantage of the shorter chainstays and even higher BB?

The advantage of the shorter stays and higher BB would be that it doesn't just feel like a stock. The whole point is that it's a mixture of stock and mod characteristics, so if it was just stock geo with smaller wheels you wouldn't really get that. If your 24 felt 'like a 26' when you put a stock frame on it, that's not necessarily a good thing IMO.

Oh, and Revolver wouldn't be the first to get one in any case ;)

It's not too bad having them outside - if you get a good, notched cam it should stay put anyway, but if not if you put them on so you spin the cam clockwise to tension your chain then when you tighten your wheel if it does move it'll just tighten your chain a bit...

Rise is a bit silly.

Wasn't there a 24" Yabba in development which looked a bit like a Hydroxx?

It sounds stupid, but rides really well somehow. I was kinda sketpical when we first measured it, but it does feel quite nice with that stem on.

Sounds to me like this whole 24" thing is to good to be true. Im 5'9, i was wondering if i would be able to handle this? Ive always rode mod, but ive ridden quite a few different stocks, and i just feel like im a midget and i cant do anything when im on them. Will the 24 be easier for me to handle, while having the same plus sides as a stock?

Edited by indianatrials