The Czar 24" (poll)

Jake.

Czar 24" or Inspired 24"  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Czar or Inspired?

• Inspired Fourplay Team
    • Czar 24" Street

haha...loving the brick wall post!

for the time being, i think its a pretty hard call between the inspired and the czar. the inspired has obviously had alot of (comparative to other brands) media/advertising attention with danny mac, as a result its been much more in the trials public eye with plenty of reputable riders using them...this instantly creates a divide between those who dont mind going for the popular, and those who dont like to follow what can be seen as a trend and want to try somthing different

the inspired frame has obviously had huge amounts of testing and everyday use (with riding well beyond what most of us are capable of) so it at least has the credibility of being well built. im not sure yet about the czar, it does look pretty solid..maybe even more so, but how well it holds up to day in / day out trials riding that weve all seen the inspired go through, ive no idea

if it can be determined whether the frame is decent (from a purely strength and workmanship point of view) and can withstand the abuse...then im guessings its pretty much down to your tastes in which looks better and your budget.at the end of the day, when youre riding around and using the bike...who consiously thinks about whether it has horizontal dropouts or not (unless the setting up of them is a nightmare)

I guess your right about the fact that the inspired has been used a lot and that shows it's a good bike, looks like if I ever consider getting the Czar I'll have to wait to see if it is actually a good bike... Would like to see some videos of people riding it as well!

About the horizontal and vertical dropouts- I don't see which ones are better and why?!

Czar sounds great ^

+1 on the whole horizontal dropout issue, vertical dropouts really should be a thing of the past! I was a bit hesitant to try snail cams and h.d. on a 26," but now I have I never want to go back. I can't believe I have spent so many years riding struggling with mech hangers, mechs and dodgy tensioners, they seem rediculous now!

my voice shouldn't count for much as I am not truly a trials guy. I just bought a Czar 24" and am trying to learn to ride it. I really only want it for street riding and to learn some trials techniques. I can say that it is a very good quality bicycle designed by some very cool and intelligent trials guys. I have had the great pleasure to become acquainted with them recently. Anyways, the point I wanted to make is that in this niche as with any others it all comes down to personal taste and what is important to you.

back in the day I rode freestyle. I usually rode whatever I could get the best deal on or sometimes I sought out a certain bike. Then I began to work in the industry. First I worked at a shop and I bought what we sold and eventually worked for a manufacturer and rode what I got from them. I think it has come to a point in the trials industry that many of the bikes are similar with the 24" being the big change and new style yet these bikes are similar to each other as well.

Your bike is your bike and will be a reflection of you. You'll replace parts or build up a frame to your specs, etc. Until there are major differences in the designs you just gotta go with what makes you happy.

Honestly I'm looking forward to the next big thing when these bikes are built more for street and less for pure trials. Probably in the next couple years as trials gains popularity and people witness the street aspect that niche will grow.

sorry for my long winded post

Chris

Hey thanks for that Chris, "Your bike is your bike and will be a reflection of you. You'll replace parts or build up a frame to your specs, etc. Until there are major differences in the designs you just gotta go with what makes you happy." you know what, your completely right!

Well those bikes are not exactly designed for trials as if they were, there would be no seat, lower frame, different geos... The inspired geo for example is the same as bmx.

Czar sounds great ^

+1 on the whole horizontal dropout issue, vertical dropouts really should be a thing of the past! I was a bit hesitant to try snail cams and h.d. on a 26," but now I have I never want to go back. I can't believe I have spent so many years riding struggling with mech hangers, mechs and dodgy tensioners, they seem rediculous now!

My thoughts exactly......ditch vertical! they're a pain the arse

The inspired geo for example is the same as bmx.

It isn't. For some reason, even though BMXs run high BBs and steeper head angles, 'street' trials frames and 24s seem to go for low BBs and not particularly steep head angles. I think the main reason that, coming from BMX to 24 (although still prefering my BMX, and riding it more), 24s feel weird is that the BBs are so low. They seem to be made to be nice to bunnyhop and manual in a straight line, but that's about it. They're nowhere near as lively and as nimble as BMXs because they seem to be made to be more stable which is - to me - a mistake. If I could raise the BB, steepen the head angle and shorten the stays on my Echo it'd be ideal.

Massive no, especially if it's only 100 quid cheaper. You can get an Inspired or Czar which you know is going to last, or save a bit on getting something that's come out of nowhere. Seems a bit risky?

Your not blind dude don't worry :P. The Echo frame has a disc mount now, with vertical dropouts, the czar does not.

The Czar does come with a disc mount, Tarty might not have updated pictures or new stock yet.

Adamant also come in 4b+disc.

Edited by Greetings

I can confirm my Czar has a disc mount on the frame

As for the bikes geometry not having numbers to go by just feel I would say it is closer akin to a Mtn Bike than BMX. The long wheelbase and toptube make it steady and trackable where a BMX would be more flickable. If I could build a custom frame I might shorten this one by a few inches. I feel a lot more weight to the front of the bike than on a BMX. One thing that feels more like BMX to me is the BB height in relation to the hubs.

I'm still learning to ride it and want to get a true feel for it before I start mucking around with changing parts

It isn't. For some reason, even though BMXs run high BBs and steeper head angles, 'street' trials frames and 24s seem to go for low BBs and not particularly steep head angles. I think the main reason that, coming from BMX to 24 (although still prefering my BMX, and riding it more), 24s feel weird is that the BBs are so low. They seem to be made to be nice to bunnyhop and manual in a straight line, but that's about it. They're nowhere near as lively and as nimble as BMXs because they seem to be made to be more stable which is - to me - a mistake. If I could raise the BB, steepen the head angle and shorten the stays on my Echo it'd be ideal.

Oh really? I didn't know, thanks for that- wow I'm learning a lot from this one topic... :giggle: