24" Trials Bike

Matt Vandart

Becuase the other thread was interesting and seeing as I am no longer commenting on ONZA Products I can join in this one.

Please Keep it related to the idea of a seatless 24" trials bike or TGS and not Inspired type bike or another ONZA thread so it doesn't get closed down.

I for one would love to see a 24" trials bike.

The only problem I can see is not the frame but auxiliary stuff like forks and tyres where there is a problem of choice as in lack of, esp tyres. The only choice when I had a zoot was heavy ass maxis or those Digger tyres, neither ideal for "Trials" in the pure sense. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I didn't particularly want to change to mod but was finding 26" just too big enough (I am a short ass) so had too really, not that I regret the choice but if there had been a good "Trials" 24 I would have gone for that.

Continue Please

The only problem I can see is not the frame but auxiliary stuff like forks and tyres where there is a problem of choice as in lack of, esp tyres. The only choice when I had a zoot was heavy ass maxis or those Digger tyres, neither ideal for "Trials" in the pure sense. Please correct me if I am wrong.

There are loads of options. Just have a look at the 24" MTB tyres on Tarty or Chain Reaction. Kenda Blue Grooves are great but fairly heavy, Maxxis make (made?) 2.5" Slow Reezay High Roller's and now do 2.7"s I think. Depends what you want really but I'm sure there are enough out there to stop it from being an issue.

Becuase the other thread was interesting and seeing as I am no longer commenting on ONZA Products I can join in this one.

Please Keep it related to the idea of a seatless 24" trials bike or TGS and not Inspired type bike or another ONZA thread so it doesn't get closed down.

I for one would love to see a 24" trials bike.

I didn't particularly want to change to mod but was finding 26" just too big enough (I am a short ass) so had too really, not that I regret the choice but if there had been a good "Trials" 24 I would have gone for that.

Continue Please

For the majority of 24" riders, front discs are the brake of choice so any 26" fork should be fine (which is what people do currently). I guess there's a lack of choice if you want rim brakes in that the only real ones are the 24" Urbans, but seeing as people apparently only ever buy Urban forks anyway I guess that's not such a big problem...

Nearly everyone seems to use disc brakes, so as 24" bikes are designed to use 26" forks, that's sorted. Forks can easily be made with 24" rim brakes anyway, but the frames must come first.

Rim-wise, there's still a good choice now.

Tyre-wise, there's not such a good choice but if you want grip, use the high rollers. I use one on the rear, I don't feel any particular disadvantage for the weight. I do however notice that it's got more grip than my swampthing (which is another choice), and that it's harder to pinch as well.