Sennheiser Headphones!

LukasMcNeal

Just for the confidence vote - I hate in ear earphones - but I've owned three pairs of full-sized headphones by Sennheiser, and my current pair are too.

Consistantly better than Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer and Audio Technica - in my opinion.

If these are anything like their other products, they should be at least "good".

They are nice headphones but very flat. If you're going to be using them with hi-fidelity music samples then they'll really do them justice but if it's with an mp3 player with compressed files i'd go for something like the sony mdr ex71's. The sony's have just that slight more punch to them and the low notes on the ex71's are by far a lot better. The sony's are not without their own problems though, the earbuds can stop working and need to be warrantee'd and the cable used to be prone to disintegrating after being on a sweaty neck for a while.

I have the CX 500's and can't fault them.

Have a look on play they have some of the older models cheap as well as the new ones.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...es/Product.html

Get them from an official source i.e. direct from play or amazon not one of the sellers on either site as there are loads of fake's around.

They are great performers for the money, but there is an even better performing model from sennheiser at around £70 (cant remember model name). Simular design to the CX-300 but use a speaker driver that is 2mm bigger than the 300 and therefore offers an even heavier bass peformance than the 300. If you can find these in-ear cans cheaper, buy them instead.

I bought some CX 300's from Play for £8.50 under playtrade, after just under two years one ear bud stopped working and the wire mesh fell out. Sent them back under their two year warranty and they sent me a new replacement of the CX 300 II version. Not bad going for £8.50! Good sound for the money

I do love my bang & olufson but skullcandy do just fine when im riding, It's a hell of a lot cheaper to replace skullcandy!

Personally i don't think skullcandy is that bad for the price.... But it's just personal opinion at the end of the day.

And i didnt know B&O was made by phillips, guess you learn something new everyday.