Disk Rotors

CriminalTrials.co.uk

Hey everyone

Couple of questions about rotors here if someone could help me out. Ive just bought an Avid BB7 but without a rotor, ive got a 203mm adapter and so now looking to buy a 203 rotor for it. Now i know i cud just buy one off tarty and have done with it but which one? What makes a good rotor different to the cheaper ones?

Something is stopping me from buying the cheapest one on Tart but i dont know why? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=76

Will i notice any different if i spend twice as much and get this one http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=76 ??

I know weight is obviously a price factor but theres not a lot in it really.

Also last question, some rotors are advertised as 200mm, i assume when i need a 203 a 200 would be no use or would it still work fine given its only 3 mm?

Any help is appreciated so thanks in advance!

Cheers

Dan

There's not an aweful lot to it to be honest, especially when you're using a 203. There is some differrence in performance relatinng to the surface area of the rotor which actually contacts the pad surface. However, since you've got a 203 Avid it'd be the difference between 'shiiiiit that's strong' and 'fuuuuck that's strong' so not much in it :D.

With regards the 200 rotor, don't forget that's the OD so you're actually only losing 1.5mm that the pad can grab and so in my mind a 200 rotor will be perfectly adequate.

Basically, at the end of the day it comes down to aesthetics. Want a wavy rotor? Want a sawtooth rotor? Don't mind a round one? Just go with what you fancy but the price won't make much difference at all.