Barbra

Just got back from the cinema after watching Avatar, and it completely blew me out of the water, it definately lived up to the hype 100%. Got such an amazing story and graphical effects. LOTR used to be my favorite film...no longer.

Anybody else been to see it? What did you think?

Just got back from the cinema after watching Avatar, and it completely blew me out of the water, it definately lived up to the hype 100%. Got such an amazing story and graphical effects. LOTR used to be my favorite film...no longer.

Anybody else been to see it? What did you think?

Same just got back and the effects , just wow but the story line. It was still really good but i thought it would be a little different but still a must see in the cinema.

In all honesty it looks real shit to me. But the more trailers i've seen, i'm starting to change my mind. But obviously i won't make up my mind until i actually watch it (if i do).

But it's your favourite film of all time?!

Will you be going back to watch it again? If not, then it probably ain't as good as you say. Cinema has that effect on films..

I may just go watch it though.

was awesome

story is pretty basic, nothing special but more than ok for me

everything else was perfect... best cg effect ever(better than lord of the rings or kingkong)

if you like to be entertained, then go watch it now

if you like reallyyyyy smart and subtile stories then go watch something else

Personally I'd describe avatar as the pinnacle of what a cinematic experience can be!

Every aspect of the film was so incredibly well done - graphically, technologically, mentally and spiritually, just spot on. Those who say the storyline was 'basic', yes it was in the sense that it was one guy saving some blue people from some evil money-hungry men, but the story was so well crafted, intricate, evocative and epic - more so than any film I've ever watched.

I was expecting a cool film with some sweet effects, but it delivered so, so much more in my eyes.

By far the greatest film I've ever seen, and will definitely be going to watch it again in the cinema.

• 4 weeks later...

Iv actually just seen it tonight... and oh my god. What an AMAZING film!

I couldnt say it was the best film ever, as i have not seen every film going... But it was DEFINATLY the best film i have ever seen.

The imagination that must have gone into it must have been mind boggling. I dont understand how the human mind can think of so many diffrent things and put it all into a 2 and a bit hour film.

My verdict: Absolutly epic.

Edited by downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

I finally saw it last night at the Imax.

It's such an immersive story that you quickly lose focus of the effects, which is a good thing, and was definitely helped by being 3D and completely engulfing my field of view. But aside from the story itself, it does raise a lot of incredibly important issues about life and humanity that have kinda played on my mind for a long while anyway so it's just got me thinking even more... But then again how the viewer interprets all that depends on each individual viewer. I can imagine it would mean something very different to a closed minded person or a fantasist. There's too much to even talk about really... If someone asked me what it's like I'd probably just put £11 in their palm and point them towards the Imax. Definitely one of the best films I've ever seen.