Disc Brake Gets Caught In Wheel

Kieran@ZSClothing

I ran a wheel like that not so long ago and it was fine. I don't know if Ads has it on his current rear wheel, but he had it on his old back wheel (I say 'old', nothing Ads ever has really has a chance to get 'old' :P) and again you can't notice any flex at all. 19" wheels are so small you just can't really feel it at all, in the same way that on a 26" bike you can feel the wheel flex if you run a disc but you can't on a mod. Also, it means you can actually ride your bike: Win.

Cos its a rockman, clearly :giggle:

I ran a wheel like that not so long ago and it was fine. I don't know if Ads has it on his current rear wheel, but he had it on his old back wheel (I say 'old', nothing Ads ever has really has a chance to get 'old' :P) and again you can't notice any flex at all. 19" wheels are so small you just can't really feel it at all, in the same way that on a 26" bike you can feel the wheel flex if you run a disc but you can't on a mod. Also, it means you can actually ride your bike: Win.

Ive never been on a mod double disk bike what rear wheel doesnt flex, when you preload 'properly' you can feel it a mile off, espesh with shitty flexy frames aswell, ive had it before when the tyre has rubbed on the frame it was so bad, this was a double disk hydroxx or xtp or something.

Sounds like you need to ride a bike with wheels that are maintained. The only reason you'd ever feel flex that badly was if the spokes were loose as f**k (I've felt that before on bikes with rim brakes with 'normally' laced wheels, it was just that the spokes were loose). You seriously need to try out my bike or Adam's bike before you make claims like that...

EDIT: Probably a good reason to not buy 'shitty flexy frames' too. My Lynx doesn't really appear to have any problems, but it's got a pretty well reinforced disc mount.

So helpful yet so eloquent.

Edit: Actually on second thoughts that's grammatically poor and completely pointless (Y).

Edit 2:

Rebuilt rear wheel?

no i broke apart a old chain and used the washer things and wahsers for my rotor then put another ockman washer hub thingo on the disc side to shift wheel over seems to work ok :)

no i broke apart a old chain and used the washer things and wahsers for my rotor then put another ockman washer hub thingo on the disc side to shift wheel over seems to work ok :)

Sounds sketchy as!! I had the same problem trying to run a Magura Marta on the first Echo EM2 in the country back in ~2002. Tried everything I could but ended up just swapping the brakes for the original single piston Louises...