Snow

Andy P

How the f**ks santa ment to land in that?

We've had blizzard conditions all week, about 12-15 inches of snow per day here in the Scottish Highlands, with winds of upto 70mph... It has been fun, although I kinda wish it would f**k off now so we can use the snow!

It's knee high today, and the worst is due for today. :(

Crappy pic i didn't take:

17578_389651105297_715015297_10571957_39

Edited by JT!

• 2 weeks later...

Weve still got snow, its being blowning a gale since 30th so its made it into nice big drifts some I have measured to be 5ft. There was some lovely drifts on hill side aswel so we made a snow hole i think the real name for it is. Big enough to hold 4people slept in in last night with brother and a freind. It was suprisingly warm given abit of time for it to warm up.

I WILL UPLOAD SOME PICTURES LATER ON TONIGHT OR TOMORROW WHEN I FIND THE TIME BASICALLY.

Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6

There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1135 Tue 5 Jan

for:

London & South East England:

Hampshire

Oxfordshire

Southampton

W Berkshire Zing!

Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6

There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

So that will be about 3cm then? :P Sheffield, snowed over 2.5 inches in less than two hours this morning and it's still snowing, we'll still keep working though.