Forum Suggestion

anzo

I've seen it on dozens of other forums and thought this would be a good idea.

Basically, just have a locked forum for 'The Best of Trials Forum' and stick all the entertaining/helpful topics in there - so many entertaining topics which fall to the bottom of the page and are pretty much dead and gone until someone bumps them up a year later.

Examples being Dan6061s bike being stolen and then recovered, same with Ali C's bike more recently, infamous bullshitters in topics...you get the idea.

What do you think?

I tried this a few years back, got shot down in flames. :lol:

Tis a good idea, it requires work though. It wouldn't be too hard to make a sub-forum though, and then when people report a topic to nominate it, move them in there?

Link to Dan's great bike recovery please. :P

Yeah, probably better off with a sticky with links rather than a sub-forum (seeing as though we have a new one of those).

First to make "Best of TF" gets the internal glory.

Edited by JT!

There's no point in members doing it - look at the BOTI thread, nothing is referenced, just hundreds of links for www.youtube.com/rkr=4940943u8 or whatever - so if you find something funny in there and want to revert back to it a week later, it takes forever.

So, we'd end up with a million www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index/blah blah blah links with no idea what its even linked to...the whole purpose of the thread would be to link them, hence a locked forum and just move the entire topic into said sub-forum.

I'd be happy to chuck up some links for suggestions to get the ball rolling if this were to be used?

I'm game for this, also happen to have a fair bit of spare time on my hands so often trawl through pages of shit for something interesting to read.

Just and idea, but split it into sections of Useful info/Lolworthy etc and then when posting a link, name it so it's not just www.trialsforum.co.uk/312buripb 4kl3jewgbnfvcref////fdsg or something?

I seem to remember the Cider Vs Guiness thread was rather amusing, as were alot of the North vs South Tgs bashing threads, however i can't help but think that if alot of topics are brought back up, if they were closed because of arguing may spill over into here and it'll end up in the same state the thread did, if that makes sense :P ?