24 Style 26, Are There Any?

Muel

I already have 2, and another project on the way. :P

No more space for the project one when it's in one piece, let alone a fourth...

I have a Simtra with the perfect spec for me, I havn't got time, money or patience to be rebuilding wheels and getting new rims/tyres/spokes etc. It makes more sense to get a frame that I can swap back and forth easily.

Also I ideally want to scale down my operation and get money out, not put more in. :P

EDIT: Hmmmm, woodstock.....

Edited by Muel

I think the problem with that is, if you try and ride the streety trials bike with the fully trials spec kit

like wheels and tyres you won't ride it any differently and willget frustrated about it's lack of pure trials ability...

And dave - nothing wrong with 24 but 26 lends itself to more trialsy street and is therefore a bit easier to enjoy and get into for

most hoppers

How about a Monty Urban?

Couldn't get on with my KOT so swapped back to an '07 Urban and it rides really nice in an old skool kind of way. Got a proper seat-tube with a built in clamp and comes with v and disc mounts. Not too sure on the geo. though.

I miss riding my megamo which i rode pretty well. But then dave came along with these inspired frames and felt like goin bk to 24 because they looked simple and clean. If dave does a 26inch inspired id jump straight in there. Just have to wait and see wat happends with the bike brands out there, if not i may go bk to my megamo as i do love that frame.

rockman is coming up with a new frame named SWITCH for the 26. Comes in Vs with disc or Maguras with disc. No sure bout its geometry or price,but from some pics i saw it looks short and good =) and it uses nice looking round tubing which looks real clean.

check out here

http://attitudebikes.wordpress.com/2009/12...rockman-switch/

Edited by snoolax

1.jpg

Magellan Tucana model 2005. These are from Hungary. Aluminium. Seat.

Geo: wheelbase: 1075 mm

stays: 385 mm

BB: +10

head: 72 degrees

price: 16.500 ft = 54.41 pounds .... cheap as hell. Why? Bad quality? NO. But people ride bikes without seat and with 4 bolt mounts. Maybe you can find a 2006 model. I think those have 4-bolt mounts.

Check out here: http://biketrial.hu/shop/?do=termek&id=383

You may contact the dealer to find out if they are willing to ship.

Good luck.

PS: I had one of these and they ride pretty well. Only thing I hate was the 2 bolt mounts. So shity with a magura.

Edited by Vasil

Keep an eye out for a new rockman frame, 26inch and similar geo to the old echo pure (1060, +10, 72deg, 385mm) it may also be available with Vee mounts!!

Adam

:o

So far I think it's gonna be an 04 pure, if I can find one....

Do it, paint it blue and slap an original Echo sticker set on it. Nicest bike. Ever.

After my Pure the best riding frame I've had since is my Justice, really nice bike to ride. Just hasn't got a seat like your after thou Sam.

rockman is coming up with a new frame named SWITCH for the 26. Comes in Vs with disc or Maguras with disc. No sure bout its geometry or price,but from some pics i saw it looks short and good =) and it uses nice looking round tubing which looks real clean.

check out here

http://attitudebikes.wordpress.com/2009/12...rockman-switch/

planet x?

should be not much effort is cutting the seat tupe lower,anyway if u were to stuff the whole post in the seat would most prob be alight with the highest height of the ear wheel too cause this is a 26" frame.

not sure bout the price yet, or even geometry. Rockman's site is not updated with it.

hope my local shop update soon.

IMO it will feel like a norco with neutral like slight BB raise, except its alu and its designed for a rigid for an HS33, Vs and disccmounts

Seat tube looks long but is actually fine because you wanna run a saddle height that you can actually sit on where the lowest saddle height is slightly above the height of the tyres, any lower and it may as well be seatless. Cant wait to adam build one up.

I think that's the point though, if that's the lowest the seat will go then make the other tubes match up ... It won't make any difference to how the bike rides like harder to tuck etc. It will just look a whole lot better