24 Style 26, Are There Any?

Muel

Cheers for all the help guys, I'm gonna have a little thinky. Anyone know the geo of a Zebedi?

I do fancy an 04 Pure, whats the geo?

EDIT: Oh btw, it needs to take a real seat not a plugin type one, I want to get my sitting down wheelies on again. :P

Pure's somewhere around 1060, +0, 385, 72 ish, and yeah it'll take a real seat (Y)

I'll try and get some info/pics in case it's of any use

Otherwise, take a flick through the classic http://free-du.htnet.hr/trials/frames.html, might turn something up that works for you :)

Cheers for all the help guys, I'm gonna have a little thinky. Anyone know the geo of a Zebedi?

Ogre I'll be in touch tonight, cheers mate.

I do fancy an 04 Pure, whats the geo?

EDIT: Oh btw, it needs to take a real seat not a plugin type one, I want to get my sitting down wheelies on again. :P

Quite close to a DMR transistion 24in but the headangle is bmx steep at 74 degrees, and it weighs a ton at over 6lbs. I know someone who tried to shift his years ago (probably still rusting in his garage) when he bought the original Limey. I'll find if hes still got it.

Quite close to a DMR transistion 24in but the headangle is bmx steep at 74 degrees, and it weighs a ton at over 6lbs. I know someone who tried to shift his years ago (probably still rusting in his garage) when he bought the original Limey. I'll find if hes still got it.

Cheers but I ain't got 24" wheels, the whole point of just looking for a 26" frame is so I can change back and forth as the mood takes me. :P

So far I think it's gonna be an 04 pure, if I can find one....

Not even certain I'm going for it yet, I've no time to ride at the moment. :(

lets have some pics of this bastarding Rockman then...

Will get some when they are in, the ones we have so far.... don't.... do it justice?

Don't you get all uppity Mr Johns! I'm still waiting to see anyone post pictures of their Effect complete... or built up frame or whatever.

I'm still waiting for our bloody delivery :P

Im probably wrong in someway, but say you had the same geo on a 26inch inspired as 24, wouldn't it be less flicky and less trialsy?

Less flicky yes but it depends what you mean by less trialsy. It would ride like an old Pashley MHz but with a higher BB I guess so kind of a bunnyhop machine but I don't see it being any less (or more?) trialsy than a proper Inspired.

I don't really know what you'd gain by having a bike that rides like an Inspired but with 26" wheels... it's only going to make things worse (weaker wheels, less flicky, less streety etc).

I don't really know what you'd gain by having a bike that rides like an Inspired but with 26" wheels... it's only going to make things worse (weaker wheels, less flicky, less streety etc).

Exactly what i was thinking, could those who'd want one maybe explain the benefits? Perhaps just like the feel of 26in wheels more?

convenience of just being able to switch over a bike the night before a ride to suite your mood? especially if you had the same BB and headset in each frame, you could do a swapover in under an hour. if you had the feck about with different rims and tyres it becomes expensive and messy.

convenience of just being able to switch over a bike the night before a ride to suite your mood? especially if you had the same BB and headset in each frame, you could do a swapover in under an hour. if you had the feck about with different rims and tyres it becomes expensive and messy.

You'd get tired of that really quickly... As said before, if you're going to do streety trials what's wrong with a 24"?