Parts From 26" To 24"

lankeman

If i wona go 24", is it jus wheels and frame a need to replace?

Cheers

Wheels

Frame

Tyres

Tubes

Rim tape

Forks dependent on your front brake set up

Possibly gearing.

If you go for an inspired and some others, they are most suited to a high/short bar and stem set up.

Wheels

Frame

Tyres

Tubes

Rim tape

Forks dependent on your front brake set up

Possibly gearing.

If you go for an inspired and some others, they are most suited to a high/short bar and stem set up.

LOL i gathered that i would ned tyres, tubes and rim tape to.

Got disc forks with a bb7 disc. be ok?

Echo make holey rims for 24" (TR and urban) as do 24bicycles and trialtech i belive. But sun rhino lites are good rims very popular in the 24 scene as are the dmr DV and atomlab trailpimp.

they always look to heavy though. think black holed rims with black rim tape might look reet, wouldnt stand out so much then

Depends chapson. You gunna ride very streety or more trials based with a little bit of the good old street thrown in?

I personally dont like holey rims on a 24'', i think it looks pap. I run dmr dv24's. There 32mm wide, so not too skinny and they are lovely and strong. I'd consider the atomlabs too but at the time i went with the dmr's. All the holey rims and the trialtech undrilled rims are uneyeletted so i wouldn't go near them. I know many would disagree but i think its a cop-out leaving eyeletts off a rim, especially on a 24''.

dmr's are pretty cheap also, and one of the lightest rims about for a 24.

You'll probably need a smaller cog on the back to toughen up the gearing, but again thats only a couple of quid. Also dont forget, you'll need a seat tube, seat clamp and saddle. Although there all little things it can all add up when you take the jump.

nice! this is soundin more tempting to do now, what are good 24" rims? they dont sell the ones with holes in do they?

If you're using a rear maggie, make sure the rim you get is wide enough for this to actually work in your frame. I needed 35mm+ which ruled out a lot of rims. Another solution is offset mounts, but this is a more expensive solution that just finding a wider rim.

You might be able to find a drilled 24" DX32, someone posted a link a while ago, search should bring it up.

I'm talking about this year! Onza stock the correct (Ronnie) rim, but that is 36H so no good for me. 32H plus not wanting a drilled rim left me with only 2 or 3 choices, I had already spent more than I really wanted to on the bike, so I got a 'FireEye' rim which was pretty cheap. Working well so far, but I'm only a beginner really.

Edited by scary_jeff

I personally dont like holey rims on a 24''

True that, i would get new bar an stem, but thats because I run my Inspired as a street beast, 26" tubes are fine (i run them in mine) if you run a disk with disk forks thats all fine, then just rims, spokes, tyres, frame, seat, post, clamp and altered gear ratio

Tyres- dmr moto diggers

Tubes- anything cheap and 24"

Rim tapes- leccy tape

Stem- 80-90x10* stem

Bars- I'm running 50mm rise holzfellers but shape is personal...high rise though....

Gearing- 22:16, 20:15, 18:13

Brakes/Forks- depending on your current set up and compatibility

Don't forget you'll need a seat, post and clamp :D

Now go buy one

Tyres- dmr moto diggers - Why there the worst tyres, look afull, not particually grippy and massivly prone to punctures.

Tubes- anything cheap and 24" - they don't have to be 24", to brown nose I'm going to say "Danny Mac runs 26" and he gets on with them fine. 26" tubes are cheap picked mine up in CRC's flood sale 10 for £10.

Gearing- 22:16, 20:15, 18:13 - I run 16-12 not sure how that compares at all lol

Tyres- dmr moto diggers - Why there the worst tyres, look afull, not particually grippy and massivly prone to punctures.

Tubes- anything cheap and 24" - they don't have to be 24", to brown nose I'm going to say "Danny Mac runs 26" and he gets on with them fine. 26" tubes are cheap picked mine up in CRC's flood sale 10 for £10.

Gearing- 22:16, 20:15, 18:13 - I run 16-12 not sure how that compares at all lol

Rainbird stealing Craig's laptop, stumbled across this.

Never had a single issue with DMR tyres. I think I've had about 3 punctures on these tyres EVER - the most recent and only one since I've been on 24" wheels for the last 2 years of which was a ripped valve after i was drunk in charge of a pump and thus NOTHING to do with the tyre at all. If you're killing tubes that much then you either need to throw a bit more pressure in or smooth things out a load. They're more than grippy enough, rounded profile for rolling glory and not a terrible weight. I'll be more than happy running these for the forseeable future. They also look considerably better than a knobbly bobbly dirt/trail-based tyre which weighs a metric kilo-wank and rolls like a donkey on heat. ;)

26" tubes will work fine, just throw a kink in there, but for the sake of a quid or two if you're getting a fresh wheelset you may as well throw the right stuff in there (Y)

16:12 is pretty much in line with the other ratios mentioned

any sugestions? had a ashton once. got jus ove the look the the inspired with huuuuge bars lol

A Marino. You'd want to take the geometry of an existing spin-happy 26", like a zebdi or an orange zero, and give it maybe +25 bb rise.

BB rise helps for spins, and for trials, so it would be ideal because then it would still feel like a trials bike.