Who Are The Great Ridders Who Helped Get This Sport Of The Ground?

LordMersey

Afraid I can go back to 1982 when I competed in the british championship.

That was when the bike trial scence first started with official comps.

Back in those days it was 20" bikes only and there was only classes up to 16 years old.

At that time it was these people winning

A Class 15-16 years old - Steven Rees, Scott Dommett, Matthew Robinson & Russell Carter

B Class 12-14 years old - Paul Edmondson, myself

C Class 10-12 years old - Simon Tyas

D Class 7-9 years old - Jason Lawer.

Anyone remember Scott Dommet's trials section on the Dirt video :)... Hopping around on rocks to impress gurls - awesome :D...

And he was using canti brakes - come to think of it so was I back then...

Pretty sure Warner And Peat dabbled in trials at that point too.

They werent great

Edited by Christophe'

You are forgetting the people who brought the sport to this country, The Matthews family. Stuart, richard, and brian ( and Ada ofcourse)

Cant think of many people that havnt been mentioned, Ashton, hawyes,akrigg, toungues, cooper. But i think a shout should go out to some true legends of the sport,who i grew up watching when i first started riding.-

David Holmes, Barry Deeks, Stevie (weavie) thompson, Paul cartwright,the huskinsons, kris leeson, and many other 'club heros' that were about in the 90's and early 00's.

The good ol days :)

The martins obviously, chris leeson, the tongues, kurt brain, chris akrigg, then you have non uk stars, ot pi, hans rey, jeff lenosky, jj gregorwicz, ryan leech, cesar canas, lance trappe, thibult maurrix. Those are the main ones that spring to mind any way. I remember spendin dark rainy winter evennings in my teens watchin videos of these guys and being absolutely gob smacked at some of the riding!