Tensile 60 Click Freewheel.

Christophe'

No, I want to undo it. read posts again :P

Yeh I know you want to undo it :L

It is anti clockwise to undo it! :P

You might need to hit it quite hard.

EDIT:If you don't believe me, it says on Tarty it is a right hand thread, go google right hand thread and you will find out that it is anti-clockwise to undo it.

Edited by duncan_echo26

Yeh I know you want to undo it :L

It is anti clockwise to undo it! :P

You might need to hit it quite hard.

EDIT:If you don't believe me, it says on Tarty it is a right hand thread, go google right hand thread and you will find out that it is anti-clockwise to undo it.

Supercycles( you know, the Tensile importers ) have told me that the Tensile 60 click has a lockring with a left hand thread.

Therefore Tartybikes Info is wrong.

So if I did believe you, I would be "hitting" it tighter everytime by now.

(Y)

Supercycles( you know, the Tensile importers ) have told me that the Tensile 60 click has a lockring with a left hand thread.

(Y)

I overheard part of the conversation you had with Chris, and he definitely told you to turn the lockring Anti Clockwise to remove it.

:rolleyes:

(Quoted before Chris edits :giggle:)

I overheard part of the conversation you had with Chris, and he definitely told you to turn the lockring Anti Clockwise to remove it.

Erm , no he didnt. I was very careful about that .

This is getting silly :(

I thought tensile freewheels had an opposite thread on them so as to stop the lockring coming undone when mounted on cranks?

If it is the case that the tensile has a right hand thread it means that other freewheels such as an eno must have left hand threads standard?

If you know for sure can you just let me know, in writing ! lol

Argghh :P

I thought tensile freewheels had an opposite thread on them so as to stop the lockring coming undone when mounted on cranks?

They have a right hand thread. As stated on the TartyBikes website (whose bike related advice I'd trust with my life), by the designer/manufacturer (Mike) and also a few owners. I'm pretty sure that's proof enough.

If it is the case that the tensile has a right hand thread it means that other freewheels such as an eno must have left hand threads standard?

Yep.

(Y)

Oh well I guess you have got it off now then?

If Tarty are wrong then it probably the first time so im sorry for believing them.

The new ones are DEFINITELY anti-clockwise to undo.

Video uploading...

ENO is a left hand thread, ACS is a left hand thread, Tensile is a right hand thread.

Correct - Opposite to other freewheels (ACS) that suffer from a self-loosening lockring when used on a crank...

- The lockring is a right hand thread helping it to not self-loosen when used on crank arms, a common problem found on most other freewheels.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Video uploading...

ENO is a left hand thread, ACS is a left hand thread, Tensile is a right hand thread.

Opposite to other freewheels (ACS) that suffer from a self-loosening lockring when used on a crank...

Video currently processing, will be live in a few mins...

Phew

Im sure this could have been made clear quite early on by several people , and suspect Mr "I dont go to the gym" Marshall of a big wind up :P

Cheers for the final answer Adam :)

Im so glad I know my lockring is well and truly done up now!

No Thanks to Supercycles For employing a teaboy to answer the phone.

Wish i hadn't bloody thread locked the thing, its not being too friendly coming of the hub at all either. Had a 2.5 foot torque wrench on it and nothing :(

Is the hub still built onto a wheel? I've had success before by leaving a tyre on the wheel, locking the tool in a vice then yanking the wheel round to undo the freewheel. Application of heat is always a good bet too.

Yeah, cos I went left to undo, silly Dave!

But in the video you use your right hand to undo the lockring but by moving your hand to (your) right! :blink:

Yeh it is a right hand thread. Right hand threads tighten clockwise and loosen anti-clockwise.

http://www.sailingservices.com/references/threaddirect.htm