Ebay Snipers

PaRtZ

What do you reckon? Morally speaking good or bad. Useful speaking good or bad?

currently waiting 8 minutes for some climbing gear to sell to me for less than £1.50 hopefully :P

Morally bad but good for buying stuff, especially if you know you're not going to be near a computer when the item finishes. I use Gixen but only when I'm not around at the auction end.

eBay auctions are often dogged by retards who have bid wars 2 days before the auction finishes, serving only to bump the price up.

I decide the absolute maximum I want to pay for item, and drop the bid in the last few seconds. If everyone did that, then it wouldn't be a problem - it'd just mean that whoever bid highest would win. I don't see the point in bidding more than once. Why bid £50 if, when someone bids £60, you then go to £70? If you were prepared to pay £70, why not bid that in the first place?

There are tactics involved, and this helps those with a bit of intelligence beat the retards.

(Good price on the nut tool, too!)

It pisses me off but i do it anyway becuase i know other people are doing it.

I think there should be a fixed amount of time after someone has placed a bid before the item can end (if the item has 1 min to go and someone bids, it is brought back to 30 mins every time).

Why 'buy it now' when you could bid and try to get it for £20 cheaper?

Because im lazy and never use ebay for anything other than if i cant find anything locally... i.e a headlight which was for £20 buy it now on eay, or local honda dealer for £200 new... im too lazy to learn how to use ebay properly, but to be honest, i dont really want to learn.

Ebay has never really interested me THAT much anyways...

I do it all the time and works brilliantly. People know it happens so I dont see the problem. If I'm bidding on something Ill find out what its worth and what i want to pay for it and stick that amount down in last 10 seconds. If im out bid then fair enough, beside its exciting selling things and watching them jump a few hundred quid in the last minute

I do it all the time and works brilliantly. People know it happens so I dont see the problem. If I'm bidding on something Ill find out what its worth and what i want to pay for it and stick that amount down in last 10 seconds. If im out bid then fair enough, beside its exciting selling things and watching them jump a few hundred quid in the last minute

That happened when I sold one of the un dated 20p's. It was at like £80, then in the last minute went up to £230 odd haha.