2. 2. Would you like to see a Tgs 24?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Team I click every answer when its multiple choice

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Jeremy clarkson multigrain soup?

Alot of tgs riders i met over the years have had their head stuck up their arse. Not all do thats not what im sayin but my point is that its an offshoot of trials going in a different direction and away from the static stuff tgs riders enjoy. I wont ride tgs as its not my cup of tea ill stick to street but to say i have a shitty attitude when 3/4 of tgs riders bad mouth danny mac cuz its not "proper" trials is ok though? Im not gunna turn this into a danny mac debate we have all had enough of that topic. And also i have seen this many times "i dont like the 24 scene" and now there all interested cuz it doesnt have a seat! But each to their own, that was my opinion though so it counts for little as people will do what they want.

You pretty much do have a bad attitude to it because your now looking at either side of he story! When you think about it there will be more choice, more riding styles, and most of all more fun for doing something different! Yes there will be downsides like everything in life but just because one tgs rider is a willy doesn't mean they all are! And some of the bmxers I've met are pricks and they ride trials too so it doesn't make me think danny mac is like that too does it?

Seriously look at it from another perspective aswell!

I think there is no doubt that in the near future someone is surely going to attempt to something like this. Proof will be in the pudding as they say really but like said I think the downsides would out way the upsides possibly. Would also need a big company to get them kicked off too like inspired (with danny mac's huge input) did with the inspired.

Only time will tell.

Alot of tgs riders i met over the years have had their head stuck up their arse. Not all do thats not what im sayin but my point is that its an offshoot of trials going in a different direction and away from the static stuff tgs riders enjoy. I wont ride tgs as its not my cup of tea ill stick to street but to say i have a shitty attitude when 3/4 of tgs riders bad mouth danny mac cuz its not "proper" trials is ok though? Im not gunna turn this into a danny mac debate we have all had enough of that topic. And also i have seen this many times "i dont like the 24 scene" and now there all interested cuz it doesnt have a seat! But each to their own, that was my opinion though so it counts for little as people will do what they want.

I'm not gonna leave a long winded response, i'm just going to say 'two wrongs don't make a right'.

24" bikes are for relaxed flowing bmx type ridding , 26" and 20" as a rule are for tgs and other power moves , imo it should stay that way (N)

photoshopping is very poor aswell :P

No, all 24" bikes today just so happened to be designed for (as you put it) 'relaxed flowing bmx type ridding'. That does not mean that 24" bike shouldn't be designed for tgs riders.

I can't say I like seeing "24" and "TGS" together - to me TGS is less of a riding style and more of an attitude - that which is killing the fun side of trials

It's like "Jewish Hitler" or something, sour grapes all round

It's not 'killing' the fun side of trials, attitudes like this are doing less for trials than TGS riders are. Just because some TGS riders are assholes doesn't mean they all are.

What's even more wrong with this is now anyone who rides TGS is getting labeled as an asshole, and people are riding 24" street just because it's cool and in at the moment, and not because they like the style.

Seems like all the crappy riders cop out to 24" street bikes :P

I'd love to see and try a 24" TGS bike. I really didn't like my street 24" bike, I didn't find it advantageous in any way. I find that riding a TGS bike does not make streety moves any harder, but it makes TGS moves far easier, so the attitude is to ride them in a TGS way. Whereas 24" street bikes do streety moves just as easily and make TGS moves terribly difficult, so one is forced to ride one in a streety way.

I find TGS is way more physically demanding too, so that's one of the reasons I like it more. When I rode street bikes I didn't find it was much of a workout. But I absolutely love riding with other people who ride in a streety way, because it makes riding far more challenging to keep up with others. I find mixing a TGS riding style and streety style is where its at. Maybe that'll be the benefit of a 24" TGS bike?

Edited by Jason222

It's not 'killing' the fun side of trials, attitudes like this are doing less for trials than TGS riders are. Just because some TGS riders are assholes doesn't mean they all are.

What's even more wrong with this is now anyone who rides TGS is getting labeled as an asshole, and people are riding 24" street just because it's cool and in at the moment, and not because they like the style.

I don't think you quite got what I meant (mostly because I was a retard in putting it across...)

I have no real issues with how people ride their bike - if they're having fun then it's cool with me, even if I do find it a little dull riding in that manner myself. Hell, I'd love to try out a longer, purer-trials based 24" setup! Where I start to have an issue is when people become blindly intolerant of the other aspects of riding that are about, or decide to be a bunch of arses for no apparent reason.

Some of the guys I ride with regularly (Rich Pearson, Prawn, Darren McAllister etc) could certainly be classed as riding "TGS style" and I have zero issues with this because they're all a great bunch of lads and we have a laugh. On the flipside, however, there are guys who's sole purpose in life has become to get a bigger sidehop/gap/tuck to front/latest fad. They seem to be concerned about nothing but getting this extra inch, go out smashing walls, are rude to the public on rides, aren't particularly social and generally put out a bad image for all of us.

For me, this is what defines TGS. It's the attitude as opposed to the style of riding. In my eyes, TGS is synonymous with "chavs" in the trials world.

Ride how you want, but don't kill it for other people (Y)

No, all 24" bikes today just so happened to be designed for (as you put it) 'relaxed flowing bmx type ridding'. That does not mean that 24" bike shouldn't be designed for tgs riders.

The thing is though, they really aren't that BMXy. Inspired's have a pretty high BB and are longer than most BMXs, my Leeson had exactly the same geo and I could ride TGS fine on that. Infact I could gap, hook and sidehop just as well as I could on my previous Echo Pure. The only moves which noticably suffered were bunnhops and taps. I actually have some video footage of me on my Leeson that I may get round to uploading one day, ironically I rode very little street on it! The main benefit I noticed was an instant increase in smoothness and a general feeling of greater flow and style. People forget that as great as TGS bikes are for backhops/sidehops and other basic moves, they are actually extremely sluggish and awkward to handle when it comes to just general riding around and chuckability.

Pure trials 24" frames will happen, and it will be good if for nothing other than the fact it is a new idea which hasn't been tried yet!