Deng Hub

TROYston

What do you people think about the deng hubs for trials, like the one that i have on my 24" dj is fine, but dirt jumping and trials puts a lot of different strain on certain parts of the bike.

How do they hold up for trials.

Im asking this cos im fed up of the ffw system. i don't get along with it.

Cheers.

First of all deng is the nickname for the trials brands echo,gu,adamant and czar so they are made for trials, But deng freehubs are awful! seriously stick to ff!

i cant, my riding style has got me eating through free-wheels, so looking for a stronger option

I know deng means that, i have the czar cassette am, and rather like it on the dj, but like i said its a different style of riding.

Why do you not like them?

i cant, my riding style has got me eating through free-wheels, so looking for a stronger option

I know deng means that, i have the czar cassette am, and rather like it on the dj, but like i said its a different style of riding.

get a decent freewheel then...some of the harshest riders around use front freewheel. Get a decent tensile and never look back (Y) ( unless you get a king like me :P )

There is quite a few bad reviews about them, also what ff have you "mashed"?

There is quite a few bad reviews about them, also what ff have you "mashed"?

Ok time to search

Well, ive destroyed:

2 x try-all

2 x tensile old ones

1 x new 60 click tensile

3 x echo tr's

1 x eno too expensive to repair

1 x acs laws, was a experiment though

1 x adamant

Im currently on my 3rd try-all, which is 8 days old, but i got a broke bike atm.

Yer, so i don't kind of get through them like a knife through butter.

And now realising how much ive spent on the buggers, i could of got a profile or a king =[

But im too poor for one of those atm, so im tempted to a deng.

Ok time to search

Well, ive destroyed:

2 x try-all

2 x tensile old ones

1 x new 60 click tensile

3 x echo tr's

1 x adamant

I seriously dont see how you have done that my tensile is about 2 and a bit years old and is still running sweet, touch wood!

and an adamant freewheel?

Ahhh, i use a plate, but that is fine, i have made sure of that

And yes adamant do make fw's most companies do, i got mine new off ebay.

I do not hae the money to buy a ing or profile though, i really think that a deng freehub is my only option.

I have always rode like this, no matte how i go on the bike it end i breaking it some how :(.

Ok time to search

Well, ive destroyed:

2 x try-all

2 x tensile old ones

1 x new 60 click tensile

3 x echo tr's

1 x adamant

Im currently on my 3rd try-all, which is 8 days old, but i got a broke bike atm.

Yer, so i don't kind of get through them like a knife through butter.

And now realising how much ive spent on the buggers, i could of got a profile or a king =[

But im too poor for one of those atm, so im tempted to a deng.

That sounds like shite...im sorry, but that just seems impossible. I ran a tensile for about 18months, 1 skip....

How are you managing to kill so many/what makes you think a freehub would solve the problem? If you are flying through that amount then perhaps you need to try and refine your riding a little to put less stress through them

If he IS breaking them.....then i suggest he should just jump a little before kicking?

Ahhh, i use a plate, but that is fine, i have made sure of that

And yes adamant do make fw's most companies do, i got mine new off ebay.

I do not hae the money to buy a ing or profile though, i really think that a deng freehub is my only option.

I have always rode like this, no matte how i go on the bike it end i breaking it some how :(.

Adamnant don't make freewheels, it must have been an echo freewheel rebranded for some reason? :S

no...it really isn't, you will eat shit if you've destroyed 4 of the most reliable freewheels in the world.

How hard can you kick?! you must cane the hell out of them.... didn't realise anyone had killed an echo tr, let alone 3?! Also, how is your bb/cranks/chain surviving if youre raping the freewheels so fast?

You should consider a career as a freewheel tester at that rate...

I had an Echo Freehub, the ratchets are only glued in for the deng freehubs so the come loose and you pedal but nothing happens.

This happened to mine so I got a TR Hub and SL Freewheel replacement which is really good.

I dont understand this. How can they be glued in? Mine arnt.

get a decent freewheel then...some of the harshest riders around use front freewheel. Get a decent tensile and never look back (Y) ( unless you get a king like me :P )

You must have eaten a lot of shit breaking that lot, if you want to eat plenty more then get a deng freehub

i am a very hard rider, and like to bash the f**k out of stuff

Dunno, it had admant slapped across it, so maybe a dodgy one, felt smooth though.

im not too sure how hard to kick, like a ride a mod, but have the balence point of a stock

im not very good at trials but have never had good luck with fw's =[.

Ill save for a profile i thinks.

Unless anyone's got a deng hub there willing to sell.

i am a very hard rider, and like to bash the f**k out of stuff

Dunno, it had admant slapped across it, so maybe a dodgy one, felt smooth though.

im not too sure how hard to kick, like a ride a mod, but have the balence point of a stock

im not very good at trials but have never had good luck with fw's =[.

Ill save for a profile i thinks.

Unless anyone's got a deng hub there willing to sell.

Seriously if you have f**ked that many ff don't get a deng freehub you'll eat your own teeth plus the pavement/whatever your riding.

Edited by LukasMcNeal