Front Free Wheel For Street Trials

snoolax

No reason not to (Y)

I'm running a Tensile 96-click freewheel and it's been pretty faultless so far. They're full of grease at first so you ideally need to flush it out with a bit of GT-85 (literally just spin the cranks slowly by hand, and spray some GT-85 into the side of the freewheel), then it's awesome. Mine's not skipped at all yet, and has a really positive feel to it.

If you go front freewheel, it'd have to be between the Tensile or the Echo SL for sure (Y)

thanks guys!

hows the performance of it comparing to a free rear hub?

Not really noticeable, however good trials specific freewheels generally have more engagement points than freehubs.

What I would say is that for street a rear freewheel/freehub is better as you are generally going faster than in trials and coasting a lot more, so the chain/sprocket will wear less as they will not be moving as much and you are less likely to catch your trousers.

Personally I am a big fan of 'burns up front and a pro 2 on the rear, but a rear freewheel is just as good if you prefer that.