People From Tf Adding You As "friends" On Facebook.

Simpson

Friends really?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. If someone from here adds you as "friends" on facebook do you accept.

• Accept.
    • DECLINE
    • I don't use social networking sites

Right firstly just to add this is not personal to any one on the forum, BUT I keep getting adds from people who ride trials to my facebook, if I've met you on a ride a few times, wev'e had a good chat and got along well then course I don't hesite in adding you to my contacts list so we can sort out another ride cos' I liked meeting you or whatever,

BUT

I keep getting adds from people I don't really know.... but trials-forum is a really really wierd place, because for example I've never MET Dave Ansombe but if he added me to facebook I would accept him because wev'e talked a lot on MSN and had banter on here so I feel like I know him.... But keep getting adds from people who I don't recognise, but have trialsy DP's, so I ask myself the question, do I really want to talk to this kid because we have this one thing in common?

Dunno its kinda wierd how I see my "friends" on facebook as my actual friends, like people I would stop and speak to if I saw them on the street, where other people seem to use theres as frends of friends of friends and eligiable to be on their contacts list.

Whats your opinions? I'm rambling.

Wooorrddd. If I know someone or even if they just generally a well known person on here an seem like jokes then I'll accept, but I'm not really gonna accept any old randomer, It's not like I'm gonna like everyone on a more personal level then this forum just cos they ride trials.

I don't really speak to people from this forum on msn any more either cos I dont ride anymore/dont have anything to sell/don't really go on msn anyways. But then again there is some people here I've never met but would still keep up with kinda thing.

Edited by Max Quinn

I tend to leave them pending or ignore them, I get a lot of young teenagers adding me asking me for advice on how to mend things. :P

Has this possibly been sparked by my pending friend request for you? :ermm:

Edited by Muel

No. Not at all. I speak to you on MSN a lot, and know you, so thats not wierd although it kinda feels like I've met you... although I haven't, TF and MSN can be wierd like that....

Haha, I get that with a lot of people, although I tend to meet everyone eventually because the best ridings up here. :P

Anyone else wondering why they've been added by Sam Turner, that's my name believe it or not. So many people don't realise who I am until I tell them!

I tend to leave them pending or ignore them, I get a lot of young teenagers adding me asking me for advice on how to mend things. :P

Didn't you only get Facebook 2 days ago? :P

Lawl. I'm barely every on Facebook anymore Boats! My laptops been sodamised and so I'm barely ever telling facebook every detail of my life anymore!

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith

Hannah Shucksmith sorry i'm not your perfect girl anymore.Yesterday at 7:56am

Hannah Shucksmith i can't believe what you've done to me. Yesterday at 7:51am

Hannah Shucksmith If I need to wee anymore this evening...Yesterday at 3:39am

Hannah Shucksmith TRIALS FORUM IS DEADZ.Fri at 11:51pm

Alot less than normal!

Lul.

I go for selective adding.

Yeah, you're VERY selective! I had to remind you who I was, even though we've met in person :P

But, to be honest that's the route I take too. If it's someone I get on with from here either because I've ridden with them or have chatted to them on msn etc (assuming you don't come across as a moron like some of the people who add me on msn) then I'll accept.

Not because I'm too-cool-for-skool or anything, but I don't honestly take facebook that seriously. If you add me, I'll probably accept you. But I do get what you mean Simps, I've got soooo many people on FB who are like trials-riders from Argentina or something, which is cool, I've just never met, corresponded with or ever heard of them, so its kind of odd saying they're my 'friend.'

Rich

Not because I'm too-cool-for-skool or anything, but I don't honestly take facebook that seriously. If you add me, I'll probably accept you. But I do get what you mean Simps, I've got soooo many people on FB who are like trials-riders from Argentina or something, which is cool, I've just never met, corresponded with or ever heard of them, so its kind of odd saying they're my 'friend.'

Rich

I went through that phase, then started getting annoyed with not hearing about my real friends & family, just getting spam from random people that never talk to me...

I was at 350 people at one point, recently got down to 200 and it's started creeping up again now.

Much more selective than I used to be.

I think people will just see names on here or names mentioned on rides and think oh, they may be worth an add if the option pops up...

I mean, im guilty for it... ive seen a name ive recognised pop up in suggestions box and just added because its just someone that i might talk to or encounter, either way... i dont see the harm

I want that kind of information in my life. Hannah, expect me to create an account and add you within the next 24 months.