Cut Steerer And Star Nut

315r

Hello.

After fit my rise handlebar in my yaabaa now I'm going to cut my steerer because now with rise handlebar is to much "tall"

Well I'm thinking in 15mm of separators, now I have more than 20mm maybe 22mm. Too much for rise handlebar.

15mm is correct for my yaabaa 1499?

Therefore i have to put down the star nut too, i have been listened that i just need a hammer to put the star nut down, It's correct?

Thank you.

15mm is correct for my yaabaa 1499?

Therefore i have to put down the star nut too, i have been listened that i just need a hammer to put the star nut down, It's correct?

15mm sounds reasonable. You can always go lower if needed. Yes to move the star nut down (if you have to) just thread an M6 bolt into the star nut and tap it with a hammer.

15mm sounds reasonable. You can always go lower if needed. Yes to move the star nut down (if you have to) just thread an M6 bolt into the star nut and tap it with a hammer.

Thank you monkeyseemonkeydo.

I have to tap directly over the bolt? I'm afraid to broke the tread of star nut if i'll tap directly over M6 bolt.. :S Maybe a piece of steel tube is better?¿?

20mm is to much for steerer?

Edited by 315r

Nah, don't use a bar. You may damage the flanges of the star.

If you use a long M6 bolt threaded right into the star nut & hold it straight as you tap down it will work perfectly.

Thank you.

finally I used a small tube and tapped with care just in the midle of star nut.

It works perfect.

Edited by 315r

You know there is no spersfic length of steer needed? its all preference

Yes of course I know that it's preference but 30mm is too much, obviously, and no separators maybe it's not good to.

I had read in this forum time ago that its better to have a very low length of steer for technique and other reasons, i don't know if is it true.

Therefore my doubt is what the people think about the length of steerer for the geo of yaabaa 1499 with try-all N.U.C stem and trialtech rise handlebar.

I'm between 20mm and 15mm...

Thank you!!

Edited by 315r