Old Setup And Ideas On New Build

isitafox

Thought I'd post how my Heavy Tools used to be setup and what's gonna need replacing so any recommendations are welcomed. Trying to rebuild on a bit of a budget but I don't want everything to be bottom dollar, mainly as I may upgrade further in the future so looking at things like disc compatible hubs just incase!

Frame - Heavy Tools Trials in blue

Forks - Unbranded chrome but pretty strong

Headset - FSA I think, were quite good at the time and still works perfect

Stem - Specialized off my old Rockhopper, god bless her sniff sniff

Bars - Azonic downhill riser bars

BB - Shimano UN52 - knackered and needs replacing, looking towards ISIS

Cranks - Specialized strongarms - one bent so need to go

Pedals - DMR V8's in blue

Bashring - Can't remember but had jagged edges round it?! - need replacing

Wheels - Sun BFM's front on Shimano STX hub and rear on STX-RC - gonna replace as hubs are pap, is it worth keepin rims on new hubs?

Rear mech - Shimano STX

Brakes - Must be an antique by now Maguras, not sure on the model but they're the blue ones that were cheapest you had to buy braces seperate for but not the plastic handle ones

What you think? Bearing in mind trials was only just getting properly noticed at the time, Pashley just brought there frames out with the Tongue brothers help etc so it was a bit of a mission to get specific trials bits!

For the rebuild looking toward new BB (ISIS?), cranks, hubs if not wheels, and drivetrain and looking at front mount freewheel with 6 gear fixed rear or something like that. Been out of the game for a while so not sure who's good now and what setup in terms of freewheel position works best. Back in the day was all SRAM and Shimano for anything drivetrain so advice very much appreciated!

An old skool rider! Best idea man would be to check out tartybikes.co.uk. If your after a rear freehub hope is the way to go the pro 2 trials is ideal. If your after a fixed hub with gears and ffw, a trialtech hub with a eno freewheel on a pair or trialtech cranks and bashring.

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into them. Gonna see how I go with the Heavy Tools when it gets built an may possibly swap to a newer trials specific frame and use the Tools for a bit of freeriding!

Itching to get her built up now though as keep watchin vids on youtube an gettin excited!