Forum Upgrade

tomturd

i know he said it was better didnt he ? so shurly it would be able to find atleast one thing on gu?

do you not understand the concept of a search engine, and the constraints on it. it wont find anything, because it cant search for under 3 characters, so its not going to find 1 result on it. because it cant search for it.

Oh sorry it dosent say that... im not billiant in ict tbhh...

Or common sense :shifty:

A better search engine is more accurate. Rather than finding topics that have the word echo in them, it might try to find topics that are actually about them. I dunno how it works myself, I just know the difference between a good search engine (google) and a shit one (altavista).

Although when you use a google-enhanced search on a website, it's still shit. :S

Long story Adam :/ stroy cut down is that one boy is brown nosing a mod (oh that looks really nice mr mod etc etc) so he gets treated differently from other people who do not brown nose the mods (ME!), petty really but....

Tom- can you please put a wanted and for sale section in the bmx forum saves so much confusion

new forum put a word checker so when you type a word incorectly it comes up underlined ? (what you get on macs) and it wont let you post until you've changed the words or put the word starting with a capital letter e.g. if you typed president fdggrcsfb of istanbul it would come up with a red line but if you put a capital letter in front of it Fdggrcsfb it wouldnt sense a spelling error.

Lol, sorry if some one has said this but it would really help with those of us with dyspraxia, dyslexic and chavs (Y).

I like the new set-up, but the colour scheme really doesn't work for me, well, not the colours themselves, but more the lack of boarders around the different 'windows' of the forum if you get what I mean? Makes it look very messy and a bit confusing.

I mean like this:

post-4312-1256424066_thumb.jpg

Tiny change, but I think it makes a big difference to it.

Another example:

post-4312-1256424244_thumb.jpg

Edited by RobinJI

I reckon all the current version needs is just an update on the skin etc.. No need to change the forum completely! It runs fine as it is :)

Just a change of colour etc will liven it up :) at the moment i feel is a bit boring colour wise..

It's not about livening it up though, the new forum is better. It's just not quite as asthetically pleasing :P