Import Tax ?

Otacon

theres no import tax between wto (world trade organation) members and the us and uk are members (i do politics a level).

That's bollocks. China is a member of the WTO and there are massive import taxes between the UK/EU and China. FYI some bike imports from China hit the 48.5% tax.

If the price is declared on the customs form you will likely get charged. Anything over ~£35 should get charged whether it gets declared as a gift or not.

I didnt get charged when i bought my king from there a few years ago but have done on anything from america since.

LOL! I guess that means he's failed that module on his A Level course!

He might be right in a way, I don't know what WTO stands for exactly. The key here might be distinguishing those countries which belong to the WTO and those, which also belong to the EU. In that case, I'm pretty sure that the taxation rules within the EU are more important than WTO agreements. Otherwise all the countries in the EU would just use GB as a port for importing goods which are taxed everywhere else.

You'll be charged £11.37 at a Duty Rate of 4.7% and £37.98 at a VAT rate of 15%, so in total you'll be charged £49.35.

(Y)

So basically, i might aswell piss in a puddle and order from tarty cause im gonna save like £30 and wait 3 weeks.

So basically, i might aswell piss in a puddle and order from tarty cause im gonna save like £30 and wait 3 weeks.

Suppose it depends if you're desperate for it, If you can wait and Save £30 then it's win, no?

£30's £30 at the end of the day, least thats how i see it...

Edited by Adam-Griffin

Pissing in a puddle's not really necessary, but yeah. You know how long it took for Tom's goods to arrive and the import tax and that he was paying on that.

Plusss, say they send you the wrong one, then what! :shifty:

Edited by Hannah Shucksmith

Pissing in a puddle's not really necessary, but yeah. You know how long it took for Tom's goods to arrive and the import tax and that he was paying on that.

Plusss, say they send you the wrong one, then what shifty.gif

Yes it is. Not pissing in a puddle throws the whole thing into a different situation. Fool.

Plusss, say they send you the wrong one, then what! :shifty:

Then i should have pissed in a puddle.