Noise Coming From My Bottem Bracket?

LEWISA

Hi there I need some help

I have a creaking noise coming from my bottem bracket area and am unsure about what it is, i was just wondering if anyone els has had the same problem and how i could solve it

Thanks Lewis

Edited by LEWISA

Hi there I need some help

I have a creaking noise coming from my bottem bracket area and am unsure about what it is could be, i was just wondering if anyone els has had the same problem and how i could solve it

Thanks Lewis

If you take off your cranks, remove your bottom bracket and put plenty of grease on your bottom bracket, crank tapers/splines, bolts and make sure they are done up tight this should solve the problem.

Also on a polite note try using the search on the forum as this has come up many a time and people start to get funny!!

Tom

You lot all missed out re greesing the pedals too.

True!

I'd work inwards: checking the pedals then cranks then BB for tightness, then give the pedals a quick service first, failing all that, then pull off the cranks [check for any cracks] and BB, grease the threads and mating surfaces and re-install..

Creaks are a notorious pain, peculiarly, it may not even be the BB at all, and if all the above [and all the other advice on here] doesn't fix it, check the bars and stem too!

Good luck, David.