Anyone Know Anything About "hope Mono Hubs"?

† CETFLY †

Totally different with a front hub because.....well im not going to insult your inteligence with that.

As for bulbs and xc/monos, i never had any major problems with the bulb had the ratchett and pawls/springs replaced maybe twice in about 4 years, but i could always tell when it was on its way out. Same with the XC really. But as many have said back in the day there wasnt really much choice it was either that or a King and for the price both the XC/Mono and bulb were great hubs in my opinion.

They were the best you could get (other than a King) back in the day and some good riding went down on bikes with them. But they're not really up to todays standards for trials.

The matey you were talking to about the hub was talking shit.

How exactly am I talking shit, dude? I just told him it's a decent hub for trials based on my experience of over 12 trials riding. I've never broken one ever! Worked fine for all my riding, and I've done some crazy shit. Big drops, 360's, bad landings, the works.

I switched to a Hope Pro 2 in 2007. It was a much better hub, yeah, but it felt like it was always slowing me down because of the amount of resistance in the freehub body, so I went back to a Hope bulb because it just seemed to role a lot quicker for me as I like speed:) You know I actually got shouted by some old woman late night in Tokyo because my pro 2 was too loud! "Be quiet down there!!!" haha

Hope mono are far from shit. Martyn Ashton would be deeply upset if he heard his fellow riders saying such things. They're the foundation of what the Pro 2 is built on.

I said you were talking shit because they don't have 50 ep's (or whatever you said), the rolling resistance should't be a problem at all, unless something was wrong with it. Its not even a noticeable issue.

I'm not even arguing for or against either the pro2 or the mono, as they both have their downsides, I've owned numerous hubs of both designs and have been pretty good.

I said you were talking shit because they don't have 50 ep's (or whatever you said), the rolling resistance should't be a problem at all, unless something was wrong with it. Its not even a noticeable issue.

I'm not even arguing for or against either the pro2 or the mono, as they both have their downsides, I've owned numerous hubs of both designs and have been pretty good.

I see, but I did say to the guy as a rough completely random guess. It's hard to find the exact spec on such an old hub. I just knew for certain that it had the 3 pawl clips inside. I had no idea how many engagements were inside the hub shell of a mono.

Please bare in mind it's very rude to say someone is talking shit without knowing the facts first, especially when that person is on the same forum. I'm not a bad guy or intending to mislead people.