Best Bodge...?

r2wtrials

Whilst out riding with Robmitch this afternoon his Avid BB5 spring broke... he had an old bungey cord in his van so we cut it down and i used a strip of the elastic to assist in the return of the piston arm... see below...

bb5springmod.jpg

... i went to agricultural college for 2 years to learn how to bodge, if it couldn't be done with a welder, big hammer and bailer twine it wasn't worth doing!!!

So what are you best riding bodges?

Edited by r2wtrials

... you may notice that he has a 203 adaptor and disc fitted... could be why he keep ripping spokes from his 28 spoke radial laced hub :) Anyone got a 180 adaptor spare!!

... although, in the tradition of this post i could file that one down ;)

Edited by r2wtrials

Thats pretty good.

Back in the day Worcester was the trials bodge center of the world. There were some classics, small allen keys clamped in mechs to hold them in a gear when the cables broken. I ran a piece of pepsi can as a leaf spring in my ACS freewheel for a couple of years. Matts classic mech hanger bodge using either the broken halfs of the mech hanger to build a new one, often with welding it back together by melting it a bit over the cooker, or using an old skool magura booster as a mech hanger.

That said personally I think the best bodge was this:

gallery_422_553_105414.jpg

gallery_422_553_126636.jpg

24" wheel in a Pashley GHZ, rear brake consisted of a Leeson booster bolted upside down to the GHZ, then jubilee clipped to the frame at other end, with the bolts upside down. This bodge then leveled up, after crashing a rail gap in bristol I broke one of the jubilee clips, so we tired the bottom end of the brake with Jon Shrewsbury's spare brake cable.

I think cable tieing my 4 bolt mount together, then cable tieing it down to the frame at the start of a london ride, then keeping it on for a good few weeks was my best, basically stripped the mount as i got to the meeting point IIRC...

Adrian from norwich had cracked forks, so he jubilee clipped a snapped tensile crank to the back of it, and 2 metal tyre levers to the front of it. That, was cool.

I think my best bodge was my frame, is cracked just below were the seat was(it was a Saracen Comp 2005 bike.) and my dad and i thought of this stuff which comes as plastic balls in a bag(Y) what you do is boil them in the bag, then u can mould them, but before that my dad used Areldite glue on the frame, then , moulded the plastic to it. Sorry no picture but hopefully u get the idea (Y):lol:

Edited by KiDsOn15

I think my best bodge was my frame, is cracked just below were the seat was(it was a Saracen Comp 2005 bike.) and my dad and i thought of this stuff which comes as plastic balls in a bag(Y) what you do is boil them in the bag, then u can mould them, but before that my dad used Areldite glue on the frame, then , moulded the plastic to it. Sorry no picture but hopefully u get the idea (Y):lol:

Polymorph?