Derren Brown.

LukasMcNeal

Did you get stuck by derren brown?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get stuck by derren brown?

• Yes
    • No
    • I just felt heavier
    • Im fat so I never get up anyway.

It actually worked for me. I put my hands on the arms of the sofa to stand up and they just had no energy in them and lifting my legs/lower back (which felt rediculously heavy) seemed impossible. Worked for a few minutes at least haha.

I was kinda pretty lean though so that mighta had something to do with it.

I still can't help feeling that the majority of the program uses actors or whatever though and all the 'giraffe' imagery, for example, id just bullshit to make it seem plausible. But then again I am the worlds biggest sceptic.

Are you ever sceptical about your scepticism? How about, sceptical about your scepticism over your scepticism?

It actually worked for me. I put my hands on the arms of the sofa to stand up and they just had no energy in them and lifting my legs/lower back (which felt rediculously heavy) seemed impossible. Worked for a few minutes at least haha.

I was kinda pretty lean though so that mighta had something to do with it.

You sure your zoot hadn't just been laced with valium?

Biggest load of balls.

Massive let down as his old stuff was actually interesting and entertaining.

Lying about how he did a crappy illusion trying to make gullable people believe he actually did predict the numbers is f**king sad. Its a show that he can just sit back and go - look how f**king mega I am.

The hypnotizing show was also balls as I imagine a large proportion of the studio/phone ins were fake.

pile o crap.

i love what derren brown does, always have done. But like most i am slightly disappointed so far, i just can't help thinking that he is making the first few parts just average, and leading up to some really big finale. Still can't wait to get a chance to see him live, his live shows are ace.

Edited by fruitbat

5:14 in the Youtube lottery video, he stops suddenly then moves as if to say someone gave him the all clear to move to the left.

I don't believe a second of the lottery show, terrible.

The part where he was a hobo getting money given to him. Absolute rubbish. Just because of a bit of graphics and text on a window. If I walked past Mcdonalds saying "you'd die for this Big Mac" would that mean I'd go purposly go choke on a Big Mac without knowing it. Ofcourse, that was just an example but you get the idea.

I'm not sure about the whole can't get out a chair thing. I watched it on 4oD so apparently that's why it didn't work, but I could imagine there's something that could make that happen to some degree like just feeling a little heavy, just not so much as the "actors" made out in the studio.

I'd like to see more of the Giraffe type tricks, they seem believable, rather than going over the top with ridiculous tv stunts and not the back flipping type.

This video is quite interesting.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

And also 100% fake? People were giving him £100 and their shoes ffs. Random mild imagery cannot make people do that. As with most of it I call bullshit.

you're missing a bit, remember the people who were surveying the public as they walked past?

when derren brown says that no stooges were used, i believe him. i know for a fact that he doesn't use stooges in his live shows too.

when derren brown says that no stooges were used, i believe him. i know for a fact that he doesn't use stooges in his live shows too.

And when Derren Brown says he got a group of 20 people to correctly guess the Lottery numbers do you believe him too? He blatantly lied when he explained the Lottery thing so how can you believe anything else you see on his TV show?