Derren Brown.

LukasMcNeal

Did you get stuck by derren brown?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get stuck by derren brown?

• Yes
    • No
    • I just felt heavier
    • Im fat so I never get up anyway.

It was like something he did a long time ago where he guaranteed someone would win 7 out of 7 horse racing bets in a row, but when it came down to it he was actually doing the same thing with hundreds of people, and everyone all bet on a different horse, there would always be losers but one person would win all bets (as all bets were covered) and that was the person he used for the TV Show. He basically filtered it down from hundreds down to 1 person.

What you've missed here is that despite the fact he "explained" The System, there is no guarantee that system would work. While the probability made sense to the nation, and they bought it, there was never going to be 100% odds that the last person would place a winning bet. It was still a mutually exclusive event.

The more important part is that he deliberately took over from that person to place their bet for them(and he changed it), much like he took over to do the numbers on the Lottery prediction. In reality there's no probability involved at all. While he appears to explain things, and people have accepted those explainations in the past at least, he's actually given away nothing at all... Although that was painfully obvious with the Lottery one, it's was a little less obvious with The System. The System was still an illusion, and not actually down to the explanation he gave.

This is why Joe Public seem to be upset by the Lottery stunt as they realise they've been fooled. whereas they didn't realise they'd been fooled with the System.

What a dissapointment. (N)

the oonly thing is it worked on my legs a tiny bit, they felt really heavy. Didn't 'stick' me to the chair though. :(

Yeah my legs and lower back felt a bit heavy. I wanted to get up but felt I couldn't, when he said stand up I was able too and was dead disappointed :( I thought Alan was just kidding till he looked like he was going to cry :|

I (Tori) saw the images that flashed up as well, and Nick could see something flashing but couldn't see what it was. But definatly a person on a cahir, didn't notice any rope though.

Neither of us stuck at all which is a little disapointing.

However it did keep us sat very still for a minute so I suppose that is some control there!

Hypnotism works differently on different people...

For example, if you approach it from the angle, 'Haha, yeah right...' then it probably won't work.

Evidently, it's had some effect. I'd've thought it wouldn't work on me, though.

Yeah, I believed it'd happen to me and it didn't. We forced Alan into trying it for shits'n'giggles and it worked on him...