Derren Brown.

LukasMcNeal

Did you get stuck by derren brown?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get stuck by derren brown?

• Yes
    • No
    • I just felt heavier
    • Im fat so I never get up anyway.

go on then, how DID he do it? :) :)

The only way he could've done it is with the split screen trick I think. That video above pretty much recreates the trick perfectly, even down to the camera shake. It's quite clear that he didn't predict the numbers beforehand and so the balls were blank when the program started (otherwise he could've shown them at the beginning) and were switched/written on as the numbers were called out before he revealed them. His explanation was complete drivel which just makes him come across poorly.

He cheated, lied and disappointed... Now that's pretty nuts :P.

That is how all 'magic' works, of course he didn't actually predict the lottery but i'm sure he did something fairly intelligent in order to "cheat" and "lie" his way into making people think that he did..Some people seem to enjoy rubbishing people who they feel are deceiving them or who they do not understand. I've thought the events things have been a bit disappointing mainly because they involve far too much hype and preamble, but having seen him live he is definitely very talented at what he does. I do agree though that the way he did the lottery thing was so jumbled and seemingly pointless it got a bit tiring. But i don't think he would have done a split screen thing...that would have been far too simple, anyone could do that.

Who cares about the damn lottery trick its past tense, i wanna know about friday's controlling the nation trick. Apparently anyone who watched the film would be glued to their seat via mind control.

If you read the thread and look at the poll you'll see it was by and large a pile of wank. And to Iain C, the disappointment relates to the fact he told us he was going to tell us how he did the Lottery thing and in fact just explained a complete pile of wank. Now there's a common theme emerging here...

Who cares about the damn lottery trick its past tense, i wanna know about friday's controlling the nation trick. Apparently anyone who watched the film would be glued to their seat via mind control.

So it's only the British who are glued to their seat?

Actually, that could be used by the INS to hunt immigrants.

Shit, it could also be used by the Germans in the next war to immobilise troops.

Edited by Greetings

If you read the thread and look at the poll you'll see it was by and large a pile of wank. And to Iain C, the disappointment relates to the fact he told us he was going to tell us how he did the Lottery thing and in fact just explained a complete pile of wank. Now there's a common theme emerging here...

33 Members whom voted here against the the nation of millions who probably watched it is no comparision. Anyway i thought it was illegal to broadcast sublimininal messages after the scandal that happened years ago in the US when a subliminal message was encoded into tv dog commerical, and everyone who watched it bought that brand of dog food, even if they didn't own a dog...

33 Members whom voted here against the the nation of millions who probably watched it is no comparision. Anyway i thought it was illegal to broadcast sublimininal messages after the scandal that happened years ago in the US when a subliminal message was encoded into tv dog commerical, and everyone who watched it bought that brand of dog food, even if they didn't own a dog...

I think the 33 voters probably represents are reasonable indication of the lack of success of the 'experiment' nationwide. My guess would be that for every one person it worked on there were a few hundred for whom it didn't.

Americans aren't exactly known for being the smartest people in the world though are they?...

Anyway i thought it was illegal to broadcast sublimininal messages after the scandal that happened years ago in the US when a subliminal message was encoded into tv dog commerical, and everyone who watched it bought that brand of dog food, even if they didn't own a dog...

Only within advertising.

It's still not known if it works or not.

I drew a Chair with a Halo and ears. No idea why. Circles/Stone hedge didn't even cross my mind, ever. I had a weird feeling it had something to do with a boat though for some reason :S When this topic 1st appeared i literally had no idea who he was, Been watching all of his stuff recently and some of it's amazing :S How he does a lot of it i don't know, he's great at what he does though.

I drew a Chair with a Halo and ears. No idea why. Circles/Stone hedge didn't even cross my mind, ever. I had a weird feeling it had something to do with a boat though for some reason :S When this topic 1st appeared i literally had no idea who he was, Been watching all of his stuff recently and some of it's amazing :S How he does a lot of it i don't know, he's great at what he does though.

Thats odd me and my flatmates gf both drew boats too, however that may be due to the location where he met her. Riverside with boats. One person in our flat drew the circles but turned it into something else after. We also got a train.

I drew circles (although not properly concentric, jus a few circles on a page) aannnd i got stuck to my chair. Maybe i'm just incredibly suggestive :lol: Although I also think it depends alot on your attitude going into it, I've always liked Derren Brown and this kind of thing so kind of want it to work which means I'm open to it (as he's always saying himself).

Funny thing was though, I came into the room late, sat down and drew circles after only watching a few minutes of the program :S