Derren Brown.

LukasMcNeal

Did you get stuck by derren brown?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get stuck by derren brown?

• Yes
    • No
    • I just felt heavier
    • Im fat so I never get up anyway.

Its called derren brown events. Just search for the derren brown lottery and itll probably come up

This made me lol:

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it? You lose your keys, it's aliens. A picture falls off the wall, it's aliens. That time we used up a whole bog roll in a day, you thought that was aliens as well.

:giggle:

Just 'cause they're aliens, doesn't mean to say they don't have to visit the little boy's room.

I loved how serious the guys on radio 4 were talking about it today.

"It's so far fetched, theres no way he could have actually done it, it can't be magic, it could just be misdirection".

No f**king shit! He always says that everything he does is misdirection and not magic. These were two seriously clever blokes, who basically just quoted the way that Derren describes himself.

Word. I watched Evening Of Wonders in a fairly skeptical frame of mind, but still came away from it seriously impressed with it, and thoroughly entertained and confused.

Same goes for his book too - it's written in a really good way, has a lot of interesting/useful stuff in it, and generally seems to portray him as being a pretty sound guy.

why is everyone putting derren brown down? what he can do is pretty amazing :)

But this wasn't.

Youtube Video ->
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by JT!

But this wasn't.

I'd obviously stopped paying attention at that point because what they're doing isn't even automatic writing... they're just writing 6 numbers down with their eyes closed. I don't really have an issue with Derren himself, not when he's being normal and narrating or whatever but the second another person's involved I hate the way he makes everything so deliberate and 'mystic'. I know that's probably necessary for what he's doing but it just makes him come across as an annoying arse.

Couple of points.

First of all,anyone follow what the coin toss rules where? was it they took it in turns to flip the coin, and both peoples flips counted,because if that was the case, unless they flipped 30 heads in a row, the women was always going to win (as in the man who picked HHH, and the woman picked THH, well as soon as HH had been flipped, then THH would of been flipped, unless the first flip to each count was a head, meaning the man only ever had a 1 in 8 chance for each round, whereas the women had a chance of 7/8. (because they flipped till they got the combination and started again, unless 3 heads where flipped off the bat, then THH would always win that round before HHH)

Obviously if the rules where that only your flip counted towards your combination, it was the deeper maths bit, I havent and most likely wont read in to.

Also, note he never discounts any theory he announces apart from sleight of hand and faking a lottery ticket, yet mentioned the one he wants you to believe,along with a split screen, lasers cutting into the balls,and the fixing the machine. Meaning it could be any one of them 4,with him hoping you believe the main theory,discount the last one as impossible,and forget he mentioned the other 2. Along with telling you he "was going to tell you how to do it"

As for stand on the knife, wouldnt take £500,000 for me to do that.

As for stand on the knife, wouldnt take £500,000 for me to do that.

For some reason I was cringing at that bit even though I knew he obviously wasn't going to stand on any knife.. £500k isn't nearly enough for me to do that, I value my feet far too much!