What Does It Take For A Sponcorship?

Borat

Hey guys, Im not the best im the wolrd and no, this isn't a 'sponcor me' topic. Im just wanting to know, what does it really take to get sponcored.

Because on the tarty team rider list, theres afew riding on there, i've never even heard of.

Im guessing one thing is to get yourself to some comps.

Please give me some background, thanks.

Jack.

Edited by Borat

I would say that its all about personality. I mean come on...im the most likeable person i know!

Seriously though, i think alot of people forget that its not just how good you are. on the tarty website, i would say that i am a long way off being as good as some of the riders on there, but i still have a deal with them.

fair enough if your awesome, and have the skills to pay the bills then you do deserve a deal, however i know a few riders that have deals that I personally do not feel they deserve. Just purely because how they put themselves across, and how they approach other riders.

I would like to think that anyone on here could come over, talk to me, ask me what stuff i recommend, and when they or I leave - they dont think i am a c*** basically. I like to offer advice on things i know about, and will make the effort to chat to anyone who wants to chat.

just some of the things that I think are required to be sponsored

Who haven't you heard of? Most people on there are pretty well known. Or random Scotsmen... I mean seriously, who the hell is Danny MacAskill anyway?

I dunno who he is, but people on the DJ Portsmouth ride were under the impression you were him Dave :P haha

I have to say that I completely agree with that Ben has said, you don't have to be the best rider ever, but if you are friendly, approchable have good knowledge of trials etc it can be more of a benefit to the company than if you are an amazing rider who doesn't know anything!

Adam

what ben said...

But also - If you are trying to find a sponsor you really have to think what you are going to offer them (not the other way around), as the standard of riders goes up and up, I think people are going to be looking for something different in a rider that makes them stand out a little from the crowd (unless you are a comp man and then, well - its all about being good).

And also again - I would also say that the above shouldnt apply (unless you are a comp rider) - just have fun riding your bike and dont ride just to get a deal !! Ive ridden and had fun making videos and just riding about for years, not particularily looking for anyone and picked up great sponsors on the way, who not only treat me well, but who Iam proud to ride for.

Have a look at what Hans Rey gets up to. He goes to a lot of trouble to compile a list of all the stuff he's been in every year and then sends all the cuttings and articles to his sponsors to show how much publicity he's generating for them. The thing to remember in getting sponsorship is to ask what you can do for the sponsor - if you can answer this correctly and well, then see what a sponsor can do for you.

And it's people like you who deserve a sponcership, Mr Travis.

Jesus man - you've been corrected in no uncertain terms - so you go and spell it wrong in a different way :lol:

Smashing.

That really has made my day :P (Yes - been pretty crap so far, so something small is still good)