Distance Riding On A Trial Bike

sobek

how long do you think it could roughly take me to ride 27 km / 16 miles on a stock trial bike?

I ride from my house to downtown on a daily basis. It is 20km there and 20km back. going there it is all downhill coming back its all uphill. It takes exactly 40 minutes to get there and 1 hour to get back. So provided the distance you are taking is flat ground I would say roughly an hour and 7 minutes. (the times I said were on a mod trials bike, on a stock you might be a bit faster)

Edited by sayshell

A few years back me and a friend rode back from Felixstowe,suffolk to Colchester,Essex as we missed the last train. its about 28 miles ,took hours.It was pissin with rain and stormy. One of the crapiest situations ive ever been in, being so far away from home and knowing we had to ride it.

What I used to do with my Pashley was have two rings on the front, I had a Saint double chainset and had it dropped onto the smallest ring for trials and then popped it up to the larger ring (by hand) when I was going somewhere.

I had a 105 rear mech on the back, so it kept the tension right in both rings :)