Echo Now Catering For The 24" Riders!

RossMcd

Be interesting to know who's been testing them, especially if they seem to think that'd be an ideal setup for them... Wasn't really aware that Deng had all that many 'proper' streety riders on his team, let alone any riding 24"ers?

Be interesting to know who's been testing them, especially if they seem to think that'd be an ideal setup for them... Wasn't really aware that Deng had all that many 'proper' streety riders on his team, let alone any riding 24"ers?

Deng always just throws all his bits on bikes for the promo shots. Does he do much testing at all?

They look terrible in that setup - Stupid high stem, stupid bent/flat bars, stupid high seat. The frame itself isn't too bad, although it seems to suffer a bit like the 24uk did - the toptube is too low for the street kids, and too high for the long/low/silver crowd. And just to add that extra bit of hassle when you make that transition from 26" to 24" (I.e. new frame / wheels / tyres +/- forks) you now have to change cranks too? Stupid idea.

Obviously I'd need to ride one before passing judgement but I can't see why you'd buy any of those over an Inspired?

EDIT: I don't like change :D

They look terrible in that setup - Stupid high stem, stupid bent/flat bars, stupid high seat. The frame itself isn't too bad, although it seems to suffer a bit like the 24uk did - the toptube is too low for the street kids, and too high for the long/low/silver crowd. And just to add that extra bit of hassle when you make that transition from 26" to 24" (I.e. new frame / wheels / tyres +/- forks) you now have to change cranks too? Stupid idea.

Obviously I'd need to ride one before passing judgement but I can't see why you'd buy any of those over an Inspired?

EDIT: I don't like change :D

It takes just standard Isis cranks.

We built up an Adamant today, there will be some pics shortly (its rather nice actually) there may be an echo full build very soon too.

• 3 weeks later...
You gotta ask yourself what Ashton are playing at... Deng seems to have pushed these out in a few months from conception to retail. The Effects have been on the cards for years it seems and still no sign. Can't help thinking the Effect will be too late now...

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing myself, partly because before I went on holiday, there was the first shots of these 24's out, and it had said in MBUK that ashton effects would be available "as your reading this" so when I got back I was expecting a few more shots of the echos possibly and tarty starting to unpackage their delivery of them(as theyd already said they where getting them) and a bunch of peoples brand new effects in bike pics, as opposed to no change on the ashton front and a couple of riders having these bikes.

Of course it could well be that a factory in Taiwan offered Deng a couple of versions of a 24" bike, and he took them to cash in on the burgeoning 24" market? If they were offered them in prototype form it'd be reasonably easy to fire them out, whereas if Ashton's designing them from the ground up it might take longer?

That's all speculation though...

Of course it could well be that a factory in Taiwan offered Deng a couple of versions of a 24" bike, and he took them to cash in on the burgeoning 24" market? If they were offered them in prototype form it'd be reasonably easy to fire them out, whereas if Ashton's designing them from the ground up it might take longer?

That's all speculation though...

I don't doubt it but that doesn't help the fact that people have been awaiting the 'imminent' arrival of the Effect for months and I imagine a lot of those people are going to have decided to just go and buy and Inspired or Deng. Last I heard it was component specs on the complete's that were holding up the Ashton's but the frames should've been available for the past few months. At this rate Onza will have released a fashionable replacement for the Zoot before the final Effects land...

If they're releasing it as a complete though, there are plenty of things that could hold up production for whatever reason. If they particularly wanted to release it all as a full-bike first then that'd obviously mean delaying the frame. Maybe Ashton/DB just weren't really aware that Deng was gonna put a spanner in the works that soon?

If they're releasing it as a complete though, there are plenty of things that could hold up production for whatever reason. If they particularly wanted to release it all as a full-bike first then that'd obviously mean delaying the frame. Maybe Ashton/DB just weren't really aware that Deng was gonna put a spanner in the works that soon?

But it's still unfortunate, shall we say, that the Effect has been advertised as being 'available soon' for the past year or so. By delaying it so much they're really shooting themselves in the foot.

But it's still unfortunate, shall we say, that the Effect has been advertised as being 'available soon' for the past year or so. By delaying it so much they're really shooting themselves in the foot.

Fully agree. Deng seems on the ball, gets them out in a few months, don't really care if they're just some frame he picked out of a catalog, they work they work. I haven't heard anything for Ashton in forever.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...