kristaps

Where is the crack, get a picture.

Tartybikes do a warrently, for three months.

If you have raped it, the warrently will be void. But if it has cracked at a weld or somewhere quite stress free, ring tarty up!

how do you know he got it from tartybikes?

To bad about frame some just stronger than others.

this isnt a dig at rockman or any other manufacturers, as they are giving people what they want... But people who buy lightweight comp frames that have been released with minimal testing - I have no sympathy for when their shit breaks.

In this case - yes its gone on a weld - but where else is a frame gonna break ? (apart from the old XTPs that snapped in the middle of the DT)

Thats a bad design if you ask me, I would have continued the gusset round so it filled the gap on the BB shell, so it would be making contact with as much of the shell as possible. The gusset5s not doing an awful lot, the chainstays are welded straight onto the BB shell.

Edited by Muel

Thats a bad design if you ask me, I would have continued the gusset round so it filled the gap on the BB shell, so it would be making contact with as much of the shell as possible. The gusset5s not doing an awful lot, the chainstays are welded straight onto the BB shell.

That's the problem.

I think megamo came up with the one piece bb/chain stay yoke which a lot of frames use now.

I'm pretty sure it was deng who first started welding solid plates to the bb shell with the echo pure and it solved a huge problem with trials frames. Its simple and works great. Welding the chain stays to the bb is a step backwards in my opinion.

The gusset's not a gusset at all but a bashguard mounting plate. CNC yokes ftw.

That's the problem.

I think megamo came up with the one piece bb/chain stay yoke which a lot of frames use now.

I'm pretty sure it was deng who first started welding solid plates to the bb shell with the echo pure and it solved a huge problem with trials frames. Its simple and works great. Welding the chain stays to the bb is a step backwards in my opinion.

But plates mean weight, and as we all know, if it rhymes it must be true :P But yeah, if people are demanding lighter and lighter frames, there are going to have to be corner cut somewhere. Obviously just welding the spindly ends of the chainstays to the thin BB shell is going to be well light, but I can't see it being a strong solution - and it apparently isn't. But again, that's not really condemning Rockman. They're simply making what the market are after, which is what you have to do to survive as a business. As they're only offering a 3 month warranty, they're probably aware of it's limitations...