Mod And Stock ?

gu trials

as the title says, i only know 26" is stock and mod is 20" but why are they called that ??

i am just curious :)

Trials started out on stock (26"), hence the stock part of it. Then someone tried it out on mod (20"), Mod= Modified.

And It progressed from there and im only guessing that 24" is quite new?

x

Trials started out on stock (26"), hence the stock part of it. Then someone tried it out on mod (20"), Mod= Modified.

x

Yeah you're pretty wrong there. As Jamie said, it started out on MODified BMX's and then progressed to a regular or stock mountain bike, although now the terms only refer to the wheel size.

like others kind of said, stocks have standard mountain bike frames with trials parts on, but mods are built from scratch with trials in mind

Wrong! They are both now built with trials in mind, when they got the name stocks were just standard mountain bikes, as in you could hit the trails and then do some trials as bikes used to be true all-rounders. Mods were not so much built from scratch with trials in mind, but modified from existing bikes such as bmx's.

Wrong! They are both now built with trials in mind, when they got the name stocks were just standard mountain bikes, as in you could hit the trails and then do some trials as bikes used to be true all-rounders. Mods were not so much built from scratch with trials in mind, but modified from existing bikes such as bmx's.

that makes more sense, i just quoted that from trashzen...

x

You are one f**king idiot. It started out on a MOD modifing bmxs, (like others have said). It was actually Pere Pi, Ot pe's, dad who made the first MOD and it was a monty......its on the montys website. http://www.monty.es/about/index.asp

You are one f**king idiot. It started out on a MOD modifing bmxs, (like others have said). It was actually Pere Pi, Ot pe's, dad who made the first MOD and it was a monty......its on the montys website. http://www.monty.es/about/index.asp

He made the first production MOD as far as I know, I think people had been modding bikes for a trials purpose long before that!

He made the first production MOD as far as I know, I think people had been modding bikes for a trials purpose long before that!

Quoted from Monty site.

"The first idea of a trial bicycle came when Pere Pi was trial rider with Montesa and designing trial motorcycles"

Guest itstroy08

I just read the monty link

Now im deffo going here

"In itadori, Japan, BikeTrial is considered the national sport, there even being a museum dedicated to Ot Pi, where you can find all the models manufactured by different manufacturers up to this day."