Onza Dropouts,

Paperclip

Gaaash, this was the only other mod frame I was considering buying. Well not anymore.

Don't get me wrong it's a really nice frame...

But just a slight fault I suppose.

If your smooth I think it would be fine to get.

But come to think of it, I haven't really been a basher on this frame.

Edit: I suppose i'm just puzzled as to how it's the non sidehop side stay that cracked.

Edited by hdmackay

Well gutting hunter :( your bike is so nice aswel shame really. Could of guessed trialstar/pedo ross spotted it, only thing he is good for.

Nice wee dig there against me. We were actually discussing this topic before we spotted it.. And thought we might aswell check. Oh and keep all digs off the forum ;) Its not the place for it.

Don't get me wrong it's a really nice frame...

But just a slight fault I suppose.

If your smooth I think it would be fine to get.

But come to think of it, I haven't really been a basher on this frame.

Edit: I suppose i'm just puzzled as to how it's the non sidehop side stay that cracked.

I ain't smooth. I just cracked my Czar on the CNC bit on the chainstay.

Gaaash, this was the only other mod frame I was considering buying. Well not anymore.

OK NOW ALOT OF LADS HAVE BEEN GIVING ME SHIT FOR THIS SO HOPEFULLY THEY WILL SEE THAT ITS NOT JUST ME AND IT IS HAPPENING AROUND BRITAN, ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SAY FOR A POINT IF YOUR NOT A HEAVY RIDER ECT AND YOU WAS TO CRACK THE FRAME OUT SIDE OF THE WARRENTY POINT YOUD BE PRETTY PISSED!

AGAIN ITS ME APARENTLY BEING A DICK BUT MY POINT IS. . .

ONZA ARE LETTING CLS HELP OUT WITH THERE NEW STREET FRAME, THESE DROPOUTS ATM ARE REALLY GOOD HOWEVER CANT BE RIDDEN ON STREET AT ALL! OR THEY WILL DIE, MY POINT IS HUNTER ISNT A BASHER, BUT IF THERE OPENING THERE MARKET TO BASHERSTREET RIDERS LIKE ZOO DID WITH CRAIG THERE FRAMES WILL DIE ON THE DROPOUTS!

SO WILL SOMEONE BACK ME UP ON THE SNAILCAMS ON THE 2010 FRAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: if onza could see the point! or are thinking of this atleast let us know and ill stop :P

again like hunter said IM NOT RIPPING ONZA, AGAIN THERE THE BEST FRAMES OUT HOWEVER THIS IS A FAULT AND NO ONE LIKES A WEAK FRAME

and as for basher guy who just loves trying to prove me wrong on this just because he cant work a snail cam. there will still be 4 other mod frames with the other dropouts anyway. so whats the big deal, plus your 2010 frame isnt in productionyet?!

Edited by Onzaboymark

It's not a street frame, it's a lightweight comp style frame, which I why I've always said giving one to Swindlehurst was f**king stupid. He's an amazing rider, but he's a TGS style rider, and their bikes get more of a hammering than a comp rider.

Now CLS is in aswell? Good luck Onza. It'll be very hard to make a street frame better than a Zona. I'd suggest taking the Zona, making it under 2kg and rebranding it an Onza and it'll sell really well.

Looking at the evidence in here, it's obviously a design flaw that will need sorting for the 2010 frames. If I were running Onza, I'd get a gusset in there on every frame that's produced from this point onwards, as fast as possible. Or there will be so many coming in for a half price replacement you'll loose money.

Maybe not today, maybe not tomrrow. But some day....

Just ride it mate, if you're smooth anough it'll last ages I would have thought, then if it does crack theres always the half price replacement scheme.

SO WILL SOMEONE BACK ME UP ON THE SNAILCAMS ON THE 2010 FRAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with everything you said in that post however couldn't they just manage to strengthen the dropouts and keep the tensioning system?

It's not a street frame, it's a lightweight comp style frame, which I why I've always said giving one to Swindlehurst was f**king stupid. He's an amazing rider, but he's a TGS style rider, and their bikes get more of a hammering than a comp rider.

Not true. It's a frame designed for street and natural. Even says that on the description on Tarty.

The Limey is the one that is designed for only natural I think.

I would understand if it said 'Do not use this from for street' but it doesn't.

@JT I know a czar is a deng frame, what I meant was my next frame will be a deng frame again.

@muel, on tarty the ice is advertised as a street AND natty frame. So which is it?

I do like the idea of these tensioners and the way the dropouts are but if it's a problem then onza needs to change something. I don't see what's wrong with snail cams. When set up right you can just leave them. Hopefully CLS new frame would have solid dropouts and snail cams or atleast a beefed up version of onzas current ones.

Edited by weirdoku

It's an Onza, I'd never trust one for heavy street work.

An Echo Lite 07/08 Maggy is a street and natural frame, but the TGS riders seem to kill them quite often, and they're 1.8kg aswell. I think it's a weight thing, a Zona ZIp weighs 2.3kg and I've never known one to crack, whereas I've known a few people who cracked 07 Lites.

I hope that wasn't aimed at me, I havn't been getting at Ben at all, I was saying that it clearly isn't much good as a street frame, as it's too light and weak, so maybe they'd be better off marketing it to just natty riders so they don't get as many people asking for the replacement scheme option...