Knurling Machine = No More Grinding?

nek0

i just have grinding issues. I can never get a decent grind anymore... Except in swansea, my grinds just get better and better with practice there :S Different grinder I guess... and a different grinding technique

I've done at least 30 grinds over the years and they've all come out fairly pansy-like.

The one I did on my rear rim recently was OKish, I got a cutting disc and spent ages sharpening it to a point on a piece of steel, then ground the rim moving the grinder as fast as I could manage with it at 90 degrees to the rim.

30 grinds? wow thats not that many tbf! Im on about hundred...obviously not on a hundred different rims :P Obviously Ive got better over the years at grinding ie the more rims I grind the better each one gets.... but still theres room for improvement

yeah but having something to wack your wheel in, and press a button is so much easier + cooler. Especially if you've got a couple to do. Im rather impartial to using the grinder to spin the wheel up to 10,000 RPM and then grinding f**k out of it :P

Grinding's good, never turn down a good grind!

True, but several friends I know have tried machines like that, and they say they can be too powerful, and just lack the personal touch of doing it yourself or even getting a friend do it!

I've not seen many people with the same rim-grinding technique as me, so I usually do it alone.

I've done at least 30 grinds over the years and they've all come out fairly pansy-like.

The one I did on my rear rim recently was OKish, I got a cutting disc and spent ages sharpening it to a point on a piece of steel, then ground the rim moving the grinder as fast as I could manage with it at 90 degrees to the rim.

I think I used to just use a masonry disc. You don't need to have an incredibly sharp disc to do it - I used to be able to get a good grind out of a fairly old/used disc.

True, but several friends I know have tried machines like that, and they say they can be too powerful, and just lack the personal touch of doing it yourself or even getting a friend do it!

I've not seen many people with the same rim-grinding technique as me, so I usually do it alone.

ahh I must admit mike Ive tried grinding like you do, but Im no where near as good as you at grinding. :( Will uses a slitting disc? are slits this answer? his seems pretty good...

I think the coust's dad is a grinding MACHINE! he grinds his son's rims so good!