Sl Maggie..

chris slater

Bleed it with fluid and it will be fine ;)

Water leaks from echo brakes due to the way deng makes them. all the little ridges from CNC'ing lets water out as the water is too thin. However now you have already bled it with water the warranty is now void.

Well if its needs bleeding all the time air must be getting in somehwhere! Also becuase you have bled it with water you have just lost your warrenty!

will have to go see mr poyser for a good fluid bleed!

Did do it with maggie bleed kit and used maggie fluid...still gash though!

Edited by chris slater

Really?You just bleed it through with mineral oil again... I never said that by the way.
These brakes come with a 1 year warranty covering manufacturing defects and materials, which also covers the sealing of the brake. Please note that using water to bleed the brake will invalidate the warranty.

technically unless you registered the brake when u bought it magura offer no warranty , they used to have a guarantee that if it leaked in 5 years they would replace it for free but you had to register the break when you bought it and also use the receipt and shop name ect (N)

i dont know if this is still the case but in all honesty a magura marta doesn't need to be bled with water because its a floating pad design it doesnt need to retract fast and also disk brakes generate alot of heat which will boil the water ... well thats my 2 cents in :)

technically unless you registered the brake when u bought it magura offer no warranty , they used to have a guarantee that if it leaked in 5 years they would replace it for free but you had to register the break when you bought it and also use the receipt and shop name ect (N)

i dont know if this is still the case but in all honesty a magura marta doesn't need to be bled with water because its a floating pad design it doesnt need to retract fast and also disk brakes generate alot of heat which will boil the water ... well thats my 2 cents in :)

I don't know what topic you're reading.. this is about the echo SL rim brakes not magura martas :S

Edited by DannyBazz (:

No because there is a metal part inside that rusts when you use water. So they can tell <_<

They're made out of aluminium though, which doesn't rust. Magura seals are plastic too, which don't corrode, and I'm pretty sure the Echo brakes have the same/similar internals as Maguras anyway...