New Monty Xxv Limited Edition

G_!

I think it kinda works as a 25th Anniversary special edition... If it was just the standard red, white and black or whatever it'd just be another Kamel.

yes, it is appropriate in that way, what i meant was in my opinion the gold is horrible i find it tacky i didn't really word my first post right :)

I've just finished the translation of the article on the XXV for Tribal Zine (read it here).

Here's a description of it that makes a little more sense:

- The frame adopts a redesigned headtube, thicker top and down tubes and a reinforced central section (seat tube junction).

- The fork has been completely redesigned. The first new feature is a thicker, one-piece steerer directly onto which the fork legs are welded. The fork is composed of 100% 7005-T6 Aluminium.

- The transmission has also been reworked. After several months of testing, Monty presents a new 15-10 gear ratio, which does not change the ratio, which remains at 1:1.5, but allows the bashguard to be made smaller, improving clearance and saving weight. The new freewheel is completely waterproof thanks to the incorporation of two pieves of plastic positioned in the body to prevent dust, water and dirt from getting in. The small ten tooth cog has also be reworked and Monty claim that it is a revolutionary design, with shape and thickness allowing improved traction while pedalling.

- The hubs have been lightened and redesigned to allow for the small diameter of the fixed cog.

- The full weight if the new Kamel XXV is published as 8695 grams!

The idea behind the 15-10 ratio baffles me...

The idea surely would be to increase ground clearance, yet the pics show what appears to be a standard mounted bashplate, with more distance between the bash and freewheel. I cant see the point in it..?

It is actually a redesigned bash plate, just must not look that different in the photos...