2009 Barcleycard World Freerun Championships

Rusevelt

The world freerun/parkour championship event returns for a second year smack down in the middle of london, so expect a massive turnout. Free tickets availiable at urbanfreeflow.com via facebook link. I'll post for info when i know the full run of whats going down with this event.

Edited by Rusevelt

Ugh, they managed to work competition into a none competetive discipline.

I seriously don't get the point of competing in freerunning/parkour, it's not what it was made for.

Urban Freeflow are serious twats.

In fairness, not all of them.

And similarly, regarding the whole freestyle fixie thing, people in glass houses shouldn't really be throwing stones ;)

lol yeh coming from someone who raves on about his 'fixie' and how fast he is on it, its a bit rich to criticize any kind of sporting activity

how does it work as a competition by the way? Is it just the usual board of judges?

The competitors judge each over, like they did last year. However the results of last year's winner was fixed where most people booed him out.

Who won last year, any idea?

I'm still not a fan of competing in parkour but.. ahwell. Tricking is better anyways.

Edited by Adam L

• 2 weeks later...

Well its open from about 12 noon for early practice sessions, then ticket entry will be around 5-6pm, live filming from about 7pm. Cant seem to get the other pics on here, this computer is pissing me off.

Edited by Rusevelt