How To Keep Grips On

Cotty08

Im not a big fan of the hairspray.

For me it seemed to be my bars which were the problem(the paint) and since i got new ones anyway they stucklike hell,

However when my grips did slip i used cable ties on each end, olds them in place and makes them stick solid.

i would NOT use hair spray, sometimes itll start disintegrating the grips and can make them all sticky in the summer. if my grips move i use something like a motorcycle grip glue. your local bike shop should have some grip glue if you need it. maybe some silicone seal, it may work. i dunno if it would stick to the bars for long though.

Edit: i just use compressed air to blow up the grips then i slide them on. i never glue them on.

Edited by Redneck

i would NOT use hair spray, sometimes itll start disintegrating the grips and can make them all sticky in the summer. if my grips move i use something like a motorcycle grip glue. your local bike shop should have some grip glue if you need it. maybe some silicone seal, it may work. i dunno if it would stick to the bars for long though.

Motorcycle grip blue just melts them onto the bars and then you have to cut them off. put alcohol gel on the bars, put the grips on, take them off then just put them back on and leave them. works for me (Y)

Spray a little WD40 or GT85 in the grip and a little on the bars leave it for a second or two then put the grip back on leave somewhere warm like over night in the house or in the sun for about 10 Min's and fixed works every time for me. :D

I've tried loads over the years, with Halfords foams the best thing to do was just slide them on naturally, ensuring that the bar is dry and clean.

Rubber grips the best thing is hairspray or something else that sets tackyish.

And then Trialtech foams moved after the usual slide on technique, so I took them back off and with the advice of the members on here, used spray paint (black obviously is most appropriate).

Motorcycle grip blue just melts them onto the bars and then you have to cut them off. put alcohol gel on the bars, put the grips on, take them off then just put them back on and leave them. works for me (Y)

No it doesn't, I've been using it for years, you just stick a screwdriver down them, work it round and spray some WD40 in there.