Custom Products

sstein

I am bored so I have started to design some stuff that I may or may not make, at the moment I am thinking of making a tensioner, disc rotor and maggie lever. Other suggestions are welcomed.

Any way I have some initial designs of the rotors and I want opions and suggestions:

post-17541-1248127627_thumb.jpg

I don't really see the point in custom rotors, because in practicality its never going to be as good as bigger companys who can send $$$ on stress tests, heat disipation etc and product development.

The only advantage is asthetics, and anyone who buys something based purely on that is a tool.

I don't really see the point in custom rotors, because in practicality its never going to be as good as bigger companys who can send $$ on stress tests, heat disipation etc and product development.

The only advantage is asthetics, and anyone who buys something based purely on that is a tool.

As I said I am bored and I am making designing some stuff that I may make.

I am bored so I have started to design some stuff that I may or may not make, at the moment I am thinking of making a tensioner, disc rotor and maggie lever. Other suggestions are welcomed.

Any way I have some initial designs of the rotors and I want opions and suggestions:

post-17541-1248127627_thumb.jpg

just a heavy gusset rotar :shifty:,

looks cool though

Edited by Jamie_Trials

id sack any ideas off for the rotars, i believe hope heat treat theres i think im not sure if all rotars are or if its a must though. and like said they won't be as good as the big companys. your best bet is with things like tensioners ect

How do you mean, what should I change?

Every single sharp point and angle in there will be a stress raiser and possible crack initiation site. They ought to all be changed to include a radius instead. But yeah, with regards the rotor itself, probably worth just buying a Gusset R-Series and being done with it... My guess is that if you made that you'd end up with a distorted disc likely to crack when used for a prolonged period.

No reason not to go for a tensioner, brake lever, booster, bashring etc though.

Every single sharp point and angle in there will be a stress raiser and possible crack initiation site. They ought to all be changed to include a radius instead. But yeah, with regards the rotor itself, probably worth just buying a Gusset R-Series and being done with it... My guess is that if you made that you'd end up with a distorted disc likely to crack when used for a prolonged period.

Already have a gusset rotor, just doing this for fun. I was already going to curve all the edges of the points, just am waiting until I get a new program off my friend before I finalise designs, this is just a quick knock up.