Brumtown This Sat And Sun 18th

joshlyd1

I remember when brum rides used to be amazing, all the worcester and stourbridge lot. Going by this thread they don't sound like much fun anymore! :(

I'd have to agree its changed so much since my 1st year or so riding brum, the rides used to be massive and we'd get riders coming from all over the country to ride with us. I dont know whats changed whether its the people or the amount of security or something but the rides definatly arnt what they used to be. Certain people on the forum also arnt doing Birmingham any favours by the comments and discussions they have between each other, it makes all us brum riders look like idiots and does not advertise the riding and people that Birmingham is all about...

Im not saying i dont enjoy the rides i do go on, but it would be nice to see some people visiting from places further afield to ride more often

Edited by Rich Hill

I remember when brum rides used to be amazing, all the worcester and stourbridge lot. Going by this thread they don't sound like much fun anymore! :(

You still riding Dave? us Worcester lot are still about and we do ride brum still now and again - good times man, good times. No Trinder, Porter, pauly or Tunni these days though :(

p.s. This is Dan (one who went to Spain and now back) didn't realise Grant was still signed in as I live with him haha

Edited by grant_hundley

You still riding Dave? us Worcester lot are still about and we do ride brum still now and again - good times man, good times. No Trinder, Porter, pauly or Tunni these days though :(

p.s. This is Dan (one who went to Spain and now back) didn't realise Grant was still signed in as I live with him haha

Yeah just about still riding, getting back into it over summer. I remember worcester rides being mint too, I seem to remember you trying to teach me to tap...I still can't :P

I'd have to agree its changed so much since my 1st year or so riding brum, the rides used to be massive and we'd get riders coming from all over the country to ride with us. I dont know whats changed whether its the people or the amount of security or something but the rides definatly arnt what they used to be. Certain people on the forum also arnt doing Birmingham any favours by the comments and discussions they have between each other, it makes all us brum riders look like idiots and does not advertise the riding and people that Birmingham is all about...

Im not saying i dont enjoy the rides i do go on, but it would be nice to see some people visiting from places further afield to ride more often

I agree.

Brum rides seem to be getting worse and worse. The first few ones i ever came on were the best, about 2-3 odd years ago. Bring back the good brum rides i say.

I dont think its just the Brum rides that have gone downhill though. I think the forum, and trials in general just doesnt seem to be what is was a couple of years ago. I dont know whether its the people or what, or if its just me getting bored of the sport. I do think i wouldnt be alone in saying that though.

Oh well, enough of the negative stuff, everyone come and prove me wrong, as no doubt i will end up in Brum one day this weekend.

Owen

You're all correct. Birmingham rides are NOT what they used to be. I went my first Birmingham ride inearly 2006 and fook me, there must of been about 50 people easy !

Then i started going to Birmingham rides nearly everytime one was organised and i remember one of the Birmingham rides being about 100-110 people.

The reason were no longer getting them sort of turn outs, is because not as many people use TF anymore, people are getting older and moving onto different things, the trials scene is just changing rapidly to a completly different style.

It would appear for ANY location, big rides are dead and a thing of the past. The only one's that arn't, are DJ Abingdon and Portsmouth. But still thats only 2 rides a year, should get turn outs as big as they do, for more rides.