Tour De France 2009

Christophe'

Chris, bearing in mind in real life you seemed pretty cool, are you specifically trying to come across as a complete twat on here?

No Mark,, im just trying to create a Tour De France thread.

I believe that others have forced me into being a "twat"

I was wrong to think that trials riders have interest in general biking.

I wont bring up a thread about the tour again.

Everyone I my have pissed off.

Sorry for being intereted in cycling beyong trials.

There's been people talking about the Tour in here, but every time anyone makes a little joking remark about it, you blow it needlessly up into some massive issue when it fully isn't. A joke about riders taking drugs was made into some 2 page saga purely because you wouldn't/couldn't let it drop, even though everyone else had moved on. Again, someone made one joke, and you again kicked up a fuss about it, and we're back to square one. Stop trying to turn this round to everyone else purely because you keep making a fuss about everything. Other people are interested in other stuff than trials too, it's just that other people can take a f**king joke without losing their shit.

There's been people talking about the Tour in here, but every time anyone makes a little joking remark about it, you blow it needlessly up into some massive issue when it fully isn't. A joke about riders taking drugs was made into some 2 page saga purely because you wouldn't/couldn't let it drop, even though everyone else had moved on. Again, someone made one joke, and you again kicked up a fuss about it, and we're back to square one. Stop trying to turn this round to everyone else purely because you keep making a fuss about everything. Other people are interested in other stuff than trials too, it's just that other people can take a f**king joke without losing their shit.

okies sorry

please stop it im sorry.

its not what intended.

hey sorry everyone . i just wanted to talk about biking in some form.

bye

please close

no slur on mark , he just happened to be the last person to reply

Edited by Christophe'

It doesn't need to be closed as the Tour itself is still going on. If you learn to just accept that people are bound to make jokes on a public forum (And bear in mind they were over TWO out of 106 replies), then it'll be fine. I don't really see the need to close it at least until the Tour's over...

Did anyone else read about the spectator death yesterday?

I was really surprised there wasn't a single mention (unless I missed it) on the ITV4 coverage... To be honest I'm amazed it doesn't happen more often that either spectators or riders are taken out by one of the thousands of bikes, cars, vans and whatever else dash along the route chasing their guys.

To be fair, she was crossing a road so it's not like she was one of the mental dudes stepping out in front of the riders or anything. Pretty brutal how the guy's bike took out another group of spectators, although they're all doing fine now anyway...

I've watched a few bits from previous tours on YouTube and I've gotta say it's bound to happen - some of the riders and spectators are crazy!

It looks like great fun but you've gotta have some serious balls to throw your bike through some of those sections at the speeds they do!!

It is of course terrible news though :(

To be fair, she was crossing a road so it's not like she was one of the mental dudes stepping out in front of the riders or anything. Pretty brutal how the guy's bike took out another group of spectators, although they're all doing fine now anyway...

Yeah, hitting someone is bad enough but how did he manage to then let go of the bike and let it plough into spectators is just crazy. Also quite surprised that didn't warrant a protest and burning of cars by the French... It usually doesn't take much more to set them off!

I've watched a few bits from previous tours on YouTube and I've gotta say it's bound to happen - some of the riders and spectators are crazy!

It looks like great fun but you've gotta have some serious balls to throw your bike through some of those sections at the speeds they do!!

It is of course terrible news though :(

It was a police motorcyclist riding behind everything, so it wasn't to do with any of the riders.

Yeah, hitting someone is bad enough but how did he manage to then let go of the bike and let it plough into spectators is just crazy. Also quite surprised that didn't warrant a protest and burning of cars by the French... It usually doesn't take much more to set them off!

If he was trying to swerve to avoid her and lost control, could happen quite easily? Wasn't that stage on one of the rainy days? Wet road + sudden turning and braking = bye bye.

If he was trying to swerve to avoid her and lost control, could happen quite easily? Wasn't that stage on one of the rainy days? Wet road + sudden turning and braking = bye bye.

Police motorcyclists should be highly trained. If it was wet he shouldn't have been going faster than allowed by the distance he could see in which to stop safely (that doesn't make sense but you get the idea). It basically shouldn't have happened although I obviously have no idea of the road layout of the circumstances.

...and accidents do happen, to be fair. Sometimes people can be shit out of luck. My uncle used to be a police motorcyclist, and got knocked off his bike 3 times and crashed it a further 5, most of which weren't his fault...

Cav - 6 stage wins, absolutely superb. 24 (i think) and has broken the british record for most tour stage wins. He needs to learn to stop shooting his mouth off, as what he said about husvord was OTT, and to improve his all round ability for next year, but some sprinter. thats fo' sho'.

wiggins - just epic, lance is a seasoned pro (albeit, out of action for while) in the tour and to keep on his wheel was superb.

Will be interesting to see what the USA team can do for next year, lance could still be a winner of an 8th tour yet if you ask me. To come back at his age and compete with the best of the best is a hell of a feat.

contador still the man to beat, scrawny little lad, but certainly knows how to ride his bike

Cav - 6 stage wins, absolutely superb. 24 (i think) and has broken the british record for most tour stage wins. He needs to learn to stop shooting his mouth off, as what he said about husvord was OTT, and to improve his all round ability for next year, but some sprinter. thats fo' sho'.

wiggins - just epic, lance is a seasoned pro (albeit, out of action for while) in the tour and to keep on his wheel was superb.

Will be interesting to see what the USA team can do for next year, lance could still be a winner of an 8th tour yet if you ask me. To come back at his age and compete with the best of the best is a hell of a feat.

contador still the man to beat, scrawny little lad, but certainly knows how to ride his bike

Agreed with everything you said there Ben :)

Although, Im dissapointed that Armstrong didnt seam to be putting in 100 percent in my eyes.....( but who am I to say that )

My dad and I were talking about Contador,,,,,,Will he be pulled up on drugs soon? or is he realy that good?

Wiggins was the winner for me, True British Grit.

Only just been able to watch the final stage & f**k me I'm glad I watched it. That finish was superb. Columbia didn't have it all their own way & really had to think on their feet there. They kept their cool & Renshaw catapulted Cav through that final chicane so fast compared to everyone else that Cav had a country mile between him & the next across the line. That's got to be the most nail biting & exciting final 2km ever!

Shame about the disqualification earlier in the Tour. Cav's a better sprinter than Thor & he should've had green.