Tour De France 2009

Christophe'

well if my supposed freind marshall and someone i dont know wants to gang up on

me :ermm:

nb marshall has actualy logged off from my msn.......even though hes my supposed mate

Your mum.

Ill remember that next time we meet......

Edited by Christophe'

Thanks to the few that have managed to type some normal posts.

Chris

x

I love to learn from all the those that have posted with shit!

let the question run on......

Ok, here's a question for you. How ethical is it for people like Thor to be infiltrating the Columbia lead out train time and time again without any real train of his own?

You can't be a cyclist, you don't take any drugs...

your quote, w**ker!

sad.

From mister "I work for a magazine"

Do your magazine people want to know what you are saying on these forums?????

Inset:-

Chris looking like rocky next to a punch bag...........

And for the record I dont they are taking drugs anymore.

I doubt his employers are going to give a shit about him making a single, light-hearted joke on a forum.

If no-one's taking drugs any more, surely they could stop doing the extensive drug testing they do? Oh, wait...

Ok, here's a question for you. How ethical is it for people like Thor to be infiltrating the Columbia lead out train time and time again without any real train of his own?

To be honest it's a race and whatever the cycling ethics involved, I don't see a problem with it unless he refuses to share the load and spend his time at the front of the train. Even as a non cyclist I can see that just tagging along behind them all and conserving energy would be just plain rude.

And please, Chris, for the love of Jebus,

sf002.jpg

To be honest it's a race and whatever the cycling ethics involved, I don't see a problem with it unless he refuses to share the load and spend his time at the front of the train. Even as a non cyclist I can see that just tagging along behind them all and conserving energy would be just plain rude.

But that's exactly what he does for the last kilometer when C-HTC start winding up the pace. His own team should be organising themselves as well as Columbia to get him on the front and they don't even seem to be trying. They seem to have the tactic of adding Thor as a 10th member of the Columbia train with the intention of him using Cavs tow to provide a kick and go round him. Obviously we've seen this doesn't work anyway...

This isn't just Thor though, it counts for Tyler Farrar and I'm sure Tom Boonen would be doing the same if he could be arsed to get to the front.

Probably too busy thinking about his next line of cocaine to worry about that though...

;)

I can't see it as a problem. There are no rules and the gloves are off in a sprint. Cav has an insane team for leading out sprints and thay assemble themselves to near perfection. What you're suggesting with ethics is that it's HTC's right to have everyone lined up and control the sprint. Someone has to be next wheel, why not Thor? He's trying to win as well. Everyone is marking Cav and trying to get as close to him as possible. If Cav wasn't there HTC would hardly form a train for the other teams sprinters. When they do get organised they know exactly where there man is the whole time which works to perfection. Yeah Cav is the fastest sprinter on the planet but the organisation has a lot to do with it.

I can't see it as a problem. There are no rules and the gloves are off in a sprint. Cav has an insane team for leading out sprints and thay assemble themselves to near perfection. What you're suggesting with ethics is that it's HTC's right to have everyone lined up and control the sprint. Someone has to be next wheel, why not Thor? He's trying to win as well. Everyone is marking Cav and trying to get as close to him as possible. If Cav wasn't there HTC would hardly form a train for the other teams sprinters. When they do get organised they know exactly where there man is the whole time which works to perfection. Yeah Cav is the fastest sprinter on the planet but the organisation has a lot to do with it.

That's my point. I'm not saying it's against the rules, or that it should be. Just asked peoples thoughts on the ethics of it.

Flip it over, if Cervélo got their act together and put together a train as good as HTC and Cav hooked onto the back, would he win? If he did that repeatedly Cervélo would get right royally pissed off even though there's no rules against it. It's only because Cav is winning anyway that it doesn't bother HTC.

If they're out in front they should just line up next to each other and block the road so no one can get past anyway... They wouldn't even need to go fast then :P

Edit: I haven't seen any of the coverage (apart from Cav getting his knickers in a twist yesterday) so didn't know that was what Thor's up to.

to be honest, im not sure how you are allowed to say this?

You are saying you might want to kill people?

Its quite sad.

I know in the body building world, following drug use, users often take various female hormones, including estrogen, to help restore the bodies natural balance,often temporarily creating feminine characteristics in the users(widened hips, gyno(growing of breasts),voice raising an octave or so) Im only assuming its the same in road racing??? if this is the case, I think you need to double check your dosage, because you sir, seem to be on your period.

Seriously, chill the f*ck out, if you cant take a joke, your on the wrong forum to be honest, when people cant make light hearted quips about road riders being on drugs, you dont need to take everything to heart, jumping on your high horse and defending us. Ive seen/had/ and read plenty of abuse off road riders, aimed at mtb'ers, bmx'ers, and other members of the public, none of them took it to heart to much.

Your defending the sport like you 100% know riders dont take drugs, which is absolute bullsh*t.