Undated 20p Coins!

arw_86

I got one with no date on the queens head side, are they worth much? I want to stick it on eBay and see what I get, I want a new frame you see :)

I'm gonna go through my change and see if I can find any with no date on either side! eBay here I come!

I got one with no date on the queens head side, are they worth much? I want to stick it on eBay and see what I get, I want a new frame you see :)

I'm gonna go through my change and see if I can find any with no date on either side! eBay here I come!

I dont think any 20ps have dates on the head side.....

Its 20p, its worth no more than 20p.

However, it's worth what some numpty's willing to pay for it. People are still foolishly paying a fiver for standard, non rare coins like yours so you might get lucky and get some dumbass buying it. Don't expect anything more than a few quid tops though.

What i don't get is that the royal mint are buying them for 50 pounds. They've just gone and made them valuable, if they'd have just said, yeah we f**ked up, there's a fifth of a million of them, it's no big deal, we'll just swap them as and when we get to it. They'd be selling on ebay for 10 quid max.

However, it's worth what some numpty's willing to pay for it. People are still foolishly paying a fiver for standard, non rare coins like yours so you might get lucky and get some dumbass buying it. Don't expect anything more than a few quid tops though.

It's no different to someone on here going and buying a Monty Kamel for £2,250 from Tartybikes when someone else goes and gets a £60 special from Argos. To someone who collects money, this is some rare shit so they're going to want to get their hands on it. There are varying figures about how many are actually in circulation, how many have been returned to the Mint already, and how many just won't get spotted by people who are just using them as normal currency compared to how many people clock their value and put them on eBay. As a result, if you've got a serious coin collection you're going to want to get your hands on one, so it's naturally going to drive the price up.

It's no different to someone on here going and buying a Monty Kamel for £2,250 from Tartybikes when someone else goes and gets a £60 special from Argos. To someone who collects money, this is some rare shit so they're going to want to get their hands on it. There are varying figures about how many are actually in circulation, how many have been returned to the Mint already, and how many just won't get spotted by people who are just using them as normal currency compared to how many people clock their value and put them on eBay. As a result, if you've got a serious coin collection you're going to want to get your hands on one, so it's naturally going to drive the price up.

But what I'm saying is that there are (around) 20,000 of the true rare 20p coins out there. Those have no date on either side and to a serious coin collector is something a bit special and therefore, to them, worth paying a lot of money for.

However, there are also a lot of people now on ebay trying their luck selling standard coins which have a date on only one side- basically just trying their luck and jumping on the band wagon. There are millions of those coins in circulation and so are of no interest (or value) to a collector. This is the type which weirdoku has and which is only worth a few quid, if some silly person thinks they're getting a bargain on one of the truly rare coins because they don't know what they're actually after.

So it is different and these latter ones are very far from being 'some rare shit'. I think I'm explaining this poorly! :P

By a few quid, do you mean 20p?

No, there are loads on ebay at the moment (the standard issue ones, advertised as 'undated on reverse side' which are selling for more than 20p each. Ten 20p coins (that'll be £2.00 worth) selling for £5.20 plus a couple of quid postage last time I looked. Makes no sense but people are paying it. So yeah, if weirdoku advertised it right he might make a few quid from some gullible fool...

Well that was the easiest £7,100 I ever made...

Do you think I'll get away with it but sanding off the numbers, put it outdoors for a few days so it's a bit weathered so the numbers look like it never existed?

No, though I have thought about doing that :P

But what I'm saying is that there are (around) 20,000 of the true rare 20p coins out there. Those have no date on either side and to a serious coin collector is something a bit special and therefore, to them, worth paying a lot of money for.

However, there are also a lot of people now on ebay trying their luck selling standard coins which have a date on only one side- basically just trying their luck and jumping on the band wagon. There are millions of those coins in circulation and so are of no interest (or value) to a collector. This is the type which weirdoku has and which is only worth a few quid, if some silly person thinks they're getting a bargain on one of the truly rare coins because they don't know what they're actually after.

So it is different and these latter ones are very far from being 'some rare shit'. I think I'm explaining this poorly! :P

I was refering to people buying the genuine ones, not the 'tards buying 'normal' ones...