Panasonic Advert Influenced By Macaskill?

Hannah Shucksmith

I to be honest don't see much bmx where I am, I never really thought it was as mainstream in the UK as it is in the US.

You're in London and you don't see any BMX?! Do you live underground or something?! BMX in the UK is pretty damn huge.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Macaskill inspired (ba-dum tish), simply 'cos creative types do look around at what's topical and cool at the moment to help make ads. His video's pretty huge, so although it's just biting BMX stuff, it's more likely to be inspired by him than just a random BMX knowledgable creative.

You're in London and you don't see any BMX?! Do you live underground or something?! BMX in the UK is pretty damn huge.

Then again I don't really go to where they ride, I see mostly boarders and the occasional other inliner. The bmx'ers are down by southbank so that is a mistake on my part =]

Haha, hardly any BMXers around Southbank to be fair. But yeah, it's surprisingly hard to see people riding around, a lot of the spots people spend most time at are pretty low profile, 'specially compared to skaters.

Guys your debating a cgi modified camera advert to weather it was inspired by danny mac! Reality check me thinks! It was amusing i will say but i didnt strike me as danny mac inspired! Next you will be trying to tell everyone he is the stig aswell! :D

If I saw the advert alone i'd say it was nothing like danny mac, but given the recent amount of people i've had ask me about "that guy on youtube that does them tricks n shit" i'd say the video's had quite an impression on a lot of people. These advertising folk are always looking to jump on bandwagons. The amount of people that will see that advert and go "Shit the bed, i've gotta get me one of them!" will be pretty small, adverts are not just about trying to flog you the product, they're imprinting the brand name into your head so when you decide one day to buy a camera you think "Panasonic", so the more powerful the assosciation of the advert content with popular culture the better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys your debating a cgi modified camera advert to weather it was inspired by danny mac! Reality check me thinks! It was amusing i will say but i didnt strike me as danny mac inspired! Next you will be trying to tell everyone he is the stig aswell! :D

hahahaha

he is the stig

http://youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com/blog3/

A site that's dedicated to people in creative industries ripping other people off, or claiming to be 'inspired' by other people, which would also suggest the idea that the massively popular video of Danny Mac that is well known publicly at the moment might be a potential basis of a campaign for an advertising company.