New Ashtons

Ross McArthur

A-hem....

post-10333-1258896027_thumb.jpg

Is that supposed to be 'get your facts right' sort of reply because I think the whole thing has been a complete farse. Building the hopes of your customers only to keep changing release dates shows a complete lack of respect. Given how expensive bike parts are people such as those on here know how much time and effort goes into researching a part before parting with your hard earned cash. As a result I know many people who on the good advice of the ashton website held back their purchase of an inspired this summer and waited in good faith to buy an effect instead. Given the initial prompts of a release date many thought they would still have summer and autumn to ride. Infact they were wrong and wasted their summer and great autumn, just because of people hyping up a product by giving false release dates. If it was the case of difficulties being encountered by the company, then fair play but at least tell your customers what's going on. That way they can sort another frame and get on with riding or just wait for the Ashton to land in the shops, happy in the knowledge they haven't been led on.

As far as I'm concerned I could not care less about pics of riders sitting on their new setups, just because they have theirs doesn't make people happy. If you want to hype your product then say coming soon or TBC.

It's not out until I can order one and have on my doorstep later that week. Until then I could not give a damn!

I do agree to a certain degree. People have been kept waiting for the effect and justice and it was a no show. But prehaps there were good reasons for the delay. I am still going to hold on for the ashton as it looks sick!

Im going to defend Martyn and say it wasnt his falt. The bmx lanch was so sucsessful they kept it going....and going.......and going.

Is that supposed to be 'get your facts right' sort of reply because I think the whole thing has been a complete farse. Building the hopes of your customers only to keep changing release dates shows a complete lack of respect. Given how expensive bike parts are people such as those on here know how much time and effort goes into researching a part before parting with your hard earned cash. As a result I know many people who on the good advice of the ashton website held back their purchase of an inspired this summer and waited in good faith to buy an effect instead. Given the initial prompts of a release date many thought they would still have summer and autumn to ride. Infact they were wrong and wasted their summer and great autumn, just because of people hyping up a product by giving false release dates. If it was the case of difficulties being encountered by the company, then fair play but at least tell your customers what's going on. That way they can sort another frame and get on with riding or just wait for the Ashton to land in the shops, happy in the knowledge they haven't been led on.

As far as I'm concerned I could not care less about pics of riders sitting on their new setups, just because they have theirs doesn't make people happy. If you want to hype your product then say coming soon or TBC.

It's not out until I can order one and have on my doorstep later that week. Until then I could not give a damn!

Ooooft man, calm down the rage towards me!

I only posted the picture to let folk know how much closer they are to getting what they have been waiting on.

It wasnt at all a,

'get your facts right' sort of reply
because im not a big enough dick head to do something like that.

Ahh, so we have to wait even longer for the frame sets as only the full build production bikes are coming out just now?

:rip:

Edited by Ross McArthur

I only posted the picture to let folk know how much closer they are to getting what they have been waiting on.

It wasnt at all a, because im not a big enough dick head to do something like that.

Ahh, so we have to wait even longer for the frame sets as only the full build production bikes are coming out just now?

Where does it say that?

I may be wrong of course. I was reading between the lines and making a guess. Thats why I posed the question (for someone who was more in touch with whats actually happening) so they could possibly answer.

In other words, I was hoping to be corrected.

ah ok. Hope they are out by Xmas

Edited by LordMersey

Im pretty sure both are going to be available straight away - framesets and completes...

And to the disgruntled - MA has done his best, and so has DB - lots of things have contributed to the release going back and back. No one has tried to mislead/hype up something about these bikes being available earlier than was actually possible. Whenever anyone has asked me I have always answered with the most current news!!

Rowan or anyone, what is the geo of the Justice supposed to be?

EFFECT:

CS length: 385mm

BB height: +25mm

Wheelbase: 1023.5mm

Head angle: 72Ëš

Justice Resolve:

CS length: 380mm

BB height: +20mm

Wheelbase: 1080mm

Head angle: 71Ëš

thats what I have - Im not sure if the HA is actually 71 - didnt feel like that at all - I think its what Alis proto was in reality

It wasnt at all a, because im not a big enough dick head to do something like that.

sorry if that's come across as rage to you, it's more annoyance that companies that should know better, clearly don't give a damn about their customers. No excuse, if MA has time to put updates on Ashton bikes and facebook every week about how much they are enjoying riding their new bikes then it's not much to ask for him to say 'bikes are not set to land for abit but keep you posted on the progress'

It would be nice for us to hear what the process is that bike manufacturers have to go through before a product gets released and if he doesn't want the target Market of people to be put off then just do a post on TF for the trials geeks who care about that stuff.

Anyway no offence intended mate, just my opinion that people could be onside rather than out the loop and annoyed.

Justice Resolve:

CS length: 380mm

BB height: +20mm

Wheelbase: 1080mm

Head angle: 71Ëš

Geometry (When measured with Echo Urban fork, available separately)

Wheelbase: 1085mm

Chainstay Length: 380mm

BB Rise: 20mm

Head Angle: 72 degrees

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 680mm (26.75")

so it's essentially a simtra... with a slacker/tighter head angle (can some one explain wheather a higher degree is steeper or looser, and what efect that'd have please)