Frame Building Thread-Bike Resurrection!

CurtisRider

Cheers, i like the fact its recycled, might as well make use of frames that would otherwise be scrapped! I have killed: a huffy bmx, a raleigh mtb, a raleigh racer and a saracen raw to make this! My welds arent very neat, but are seemingly strong, i do build the odd exhaust for people and so im kinda used to working with thin (and mega rusty) steel.

Any problems with tyre/crank clearance, or has it all gone together smoothly?

Nope, all good man :)

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

Bit beaten already, had a few stacks :P its really nice to ride, i love how short it is, and the high bb is quite nice, i may make a longer steerer for the forks to make up for it. Its also rather light, im quite shocked! My ghz feels weird against it, but i still love it

The spec is odd cos its whatever i had in my shed:

custom frame

modified forks

dmr copy cranks, bodged bb, with spider and onza bash

pro on ronnie back, custom drilled aircorp front on some disc hub

v8 pedals

azonic dw 2.5

unknown stem aprox 100mm 10deg rise

front brake will go on when i find a suitable wheel for a rim brake :P

Suck my dick and call me charlie, that looks soooo schweet. :)

Think with the rest of spares you have from the old bikes you wanna make a mod? ;)

You have to get a few clips of riding on it, so we can see in action. And got video proof before it snaps, well if it does.

Suck my dick and call me charlie, that looks soooo schweet. :)

Think with the rest of spares you have from the old bikes you wanna make a mod? ;)

You have to get a few clips of riding on it, so we can see in action. And got video proof before it snaps, well if it does.

haha i think a bmx frame will be next on the list. Firstly i need to build a decent jig! And yeah prob get some pics at the weekend, im pretty shit at riding though so it wont be that exciting!

Looks awesome :)

Just an idea - if you go on a second-hand Pashley fork hunting mission, and lower the mounts, you could make a few bob - I've had loads of people asking me where I got my Pashley's done.

Yeah i had thought about offering a service to do that. Only thing that worries me is that if for any reason something fails and somebody gets hurt, i could be liable. Steve at heatsink asked me ages ago to do it for him, but i declined mainly for that reason.

haha i think a bmx frame will be next on the list. Firstly i need to build a decent jig! And yeah prob get some pics at the weekend, im pretty shit at riding though so it wont be that exciting!

Well when I get some money, or my travel card. I shall be heading down ipswich way.

So if you was there on a ride, could I steel a go? ;)

You could become an english/cheaper version of marino :)

That guy works for peanuts and uses shite metal-hes doing a great job and i wish him all the best but sod trying to beat his prices! To cover tooling costs and make it worthwhile, a uk builder would have to be in the leeson/curtis price range unfortunately, not much hope of beating it unless you bulk buy the tubing, and are prepared to scrape a living