24 Inch

Hi all, I'm looking at getting back into trials after a short stint in bmx, and i'm after a 24 inch i think. Three questions..

-Does anyone know what happens when you turn up to a competition with a 24"? Do you have to ride in stock or mod?

-Do Leeson still make a 24" frame? Or are there any others like it? I've had a look at the new ashtons and one called 24uk but didn't like the look of them.

-Better still, does anyone have a 24" bike they'd consider parting with? An old ashton or leeson, maybe swap for my kink freebird?

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers

Have a look at the inspired's of tartybikes, there a popular choice, cost a bit of money though. Or you could check out Marino frames, there custom built so you can order whatever geo you want and what break mounts etc you want, and they are dead cheap and are getting more popular!

Comp wise it's up to the club for local trials. The Hampshire series have put 20" and 26" together this year and I'm riding my Inspired in the same class with no problems. I imagine it would be the same for other club trials but at National level you'd probably have to ride 'out of class' due to 24" not fitting into any of the official categories.

Ah welcome to the world of 24s! The inspired are very popular so much so that they are sold out till august! Yeah leeson still make 24" frames. The ashton and 24uk have the same geo and would ride very similar. Im in the process of sorting out my geo and styling on a marino custom. They are quite cheap to buy and for the cash seem good value. (were talkin sub £150 for a custom frame plus shipping.)